Charmitage
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 14, 2016

Re: Bose Soundlink Color

I know this thread is old, but just on case this anyone stumbles on this thread looking for an answer to the dead battery issue, I will tell that the only thing that is happening is that when the battery is fully drained, it kind of freaks out the system. This happens on lots of rechargeable devices out there and there is usuaally a fix. Here is the fix for our problem copied and pasted from another forum. It totally works for me everytime. Here it is:
I just had this problem. I talked to support, and they told me to go to update.bose.com/soundlinkcolor to update my soundlink's software. If that doesn't work (or if your unit's software is up to date), they say to do the following:
Plug soundlink in to wall charger
Hold down the play/pause button for 15 seconds.
Then, BEFORE releasing the play/pause button, unplug the charge cord from the unit.
Release the button,
Plug the unit back into the wall charger.
Press the power button, and your unit should power on.
Hope this helps anyone else who has trouble with their Soundlink Color.
Edit: Formatting. Also, steps 1-4 above put the unit in "ship mode" and then steps 5-6 take it back out again.

Charmitage
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 14, 2016

Oh, I just saw that Thomas provided the same info. Well, mine is a bit more detailed. Totally works.

Windpower
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 23, 2016

Thanks Charmitage.  This got our unit up and running.  Guess we can't blame the kids for this one.

Berlin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

Sadly none of this worked for me. The ladies voice came on ths morning over the speaker with her 'battery low, please charge the handsfree' which I did. The double beep came on, followed by the glowing yellow-orange light, plusated as ususal. I left for work and now I am home to wach Srucbs and nothing. -_- 

Hi Berlin,

Are you using the supplied Bose power supply or a third party one? Do you have an additional one we could try to see if the power supply isn’t functioning properly?
Does the system still function if it is plugged in?
Can you try to reset the speaker by performing the following:

1. If the speaker is disconnected from power, connect it to the power supply
  2. Turn the speaker on
  3. Press and hold the AUX and Volume - buttons for 10-20 seconds, until a tone is heard
  4. Turn the speaker on and verify your language selection. To select English, press Play/Pause and hold

If the issue is still happening after these are taken, please contact your local Bose center to set up your unit for service.
To find your local contact center go HERE

Many apologies for the issue. 
Thank you 
JHC
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 1, 2016

I have tried all of these idea's, maybe my problem is different. My speaker was playing while plugged into an outlet. I knew I would be listening most of the day. After about 20 minutes it quit playing and I haven't had a peep out of it since. My I-phone recognizes it as connected? Next idea..... Thanks

JHC
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 1, 2016

Continued from my above, The speaker shows no lights or play any music.
Thanks again

JHC.

If you have taken all steps above and are still having trouble, please contact your local Bose support group to arrange service for your speaker. Contact info can be found here: (https://www.soundtouch.com/support)
Thank you. 

AOW
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 11, 2016

I've had the same issue about two months ago, and the previous mentioned processes fixed my issue.... until today.  

JHC, do this:  press and hold down the "pause/play" button for 15 seconds while unit is connected to charger.  LED lights will flash and unit should be reset and back to normal.

MrWoj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 17, 2016

I truly hope this "shipping mode" thing can be addressed.  My first unit lasted a week before I exchanged it at Amazon.  Little did I know the second unit does the same thing.  Battery fully charged, i unplug it and it sits for a day.  The only way to get it to go back on is by plugging it in for a second then powering it on.  After that its good until I leave it overnight.  If this is the norm, I'm going to send it back and go another mfg. This thing is supposed to be portable, like for camping, out in the woods, where there is no power cord.  I'll give it a week before it goes back.  And then I'll send Bose the shipping return bill....