desperate
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 17, 2016

Re: Bose Soundlink Color

Soundlink left alone for > 24 days, now does not turn off using internal battery, plays fine with external PS.  Updater app gives me screen asking me to plug in device
but does not seem to recognize unit.  Any particular Mac issues with Updater?  thanks
desperate
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 17, 2016

sorry, unit now does not turn  ON  with internal battery.... makes a lot more sense, sorry ;- )

Desparate, If you cannot turn on your speaker even after several hours of charging from the power supply then this device would need service. Please contact Bose support in your country using the phone numbers listed here: (https://www.soundtouch.com/support
Thank you. 
Abbi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 28, 2016

I tried all of these solutions. Finally i held the pause/play button for about 30 seconds, then unplugged, released pause/play then tryed to turn it on. this didnt work but i then proceeded to press all the buttons in various patterns, at a static interval. plugged in my device and it started charging with the charge light on.

Kenny123
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2016

Make sure to use the cable and AC adapter that was supplied with the speaker.  My soundlink would not power up or charge with a different USB cable.
earthling94
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 22, 2016

You guys made a real ***Mod Edit: Use of inappropriate language - please follow community guidelines*** product. Cant belive you cant even charge this ***Mod Edit: Use of inappropriate language***

doctor1625
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 22, 2016

This product is really bad.  The soundlink is plugged in correctly; systems preferences set to headphones, output ... and the Aux doesn't work. I tried pressing the play button with the volume buttons and that doesn't work.  I bought it from the Apple Store and they did actually show me how it could work but it involved a lot of trial and error and there was nothing straightforward about it.  You just have to rely on luck for the Aux light to switch on.  A real waste of money for something so complex when it could be simple.  No more Bose products!!!  
JFC3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2016

I hope someone can help me, because I can't find anything online or on Youtube for my problem. My Colorlink Bluetooth speaker, it's not a 2, stopped pairing with my devices yesterday. It has been paired to my IPhone for the last 6+ months and my apple macbook air for the past week. The speaker worked fine yesterday morning, then I turned it off, left my house, came home a couple hours later and it was no longer paired to either of my devices.
I tried deleting my devices, then repairing, but neither will. The Bose Speaker shows up in both my iphone and computer bluetooth list, but when I try to pair it keeps saying, "pair not successful, please make sure device is close to you".... if I put the speaker any closer I"ll have to shove it into my phone!!!
VERY frustrating!!! and I have alread spent WAY too much time on this....Please can someone help me??? Thank you!
Davkar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2016

Downloaded the update software that covers all Bose products. http://btu.bose.com/#section=device
3 minutes to install and it now powers on and pairs on battery power only. As long as I don't let the battery get too low that I get a warning the settings hold and the issue does not repeat itself.
Charge the battery after any extended use.
Crafto
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2016

If anyone is still having problems with their "SoundLink Color Bluetooth® speaker II" NOT TURNING ON or NOT CHARGING all you need to do is the following:
1. Plug it into an outlet.
2. Press and hold the multifunction (button with 3 dots) for 14 seconds.
3. The LED light above the power button should now be flashing yellow.
I called support about this today and they told me to do this and it WORKED!!!