Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Bose Soundlink Mini 1 - Battery life in storage

Hi,

Is it normal that the battery goes dead if the speaker is not used for about 1 - 2 weeks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini 1 - Battery life in storage

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kneth

It may be that it's not actually dead.  THe Minis do have a "shipping mode" that it enters if not used for a period of time (I think about two weeks) to conserve battery life.  To turn it back on it needs to be plugged into power, which seems to be what you are experiencing.

To check the battery holding charge, the next time it happens, plug it in and turn it on.  Then unplug it and see what colour the light is flashing.  If red then it's not holding charge either, if blue or white then it was probably just in shipping mode.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kneth

It may be that it's not actually dead.  THe Minis do have a "shipping mode" that it enters if not used for a period of time (I think about two weeks) to conserve battery life.  To turn it back on it needs to be plugged into power, which seems to be what you are experiencing.

To check the battery holding charge, the next time it happens, plug it in and turn it on.  Then unplug it and see what colour the light is flashing.  If red then it's not holding charge either, if blue or white then it was probably just in shipping mode.

View solution in original post

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you  Morlock. Yes, it had gone into the shipping mode.

Extremely sorry for the delay in my reply.

Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

HI 

I have a Bode Mini ii when I turn  it on the orange light comes on and the battrey says 40% charge but it does not charge and the light just stops a solid yellow 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi  saxman123456,

Thanks for posting. That is unfortunate to hear. Could I ask, have you tried resetting the speaker? 

To reset the speaker:

A factory reset clears paired mobile devices and language settings from the speaker and returns it to original factory settings.

1. Press the Power button to turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. The system will turn off once it has been reset

If you could please give that a try and let us know?

Regards,

tony G - Community Support