KMB15
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Bose Soundlink Mini - can't update and won't turn off

I tried to update the firmware for my Soundlink Mini. The process requires you to hold down the AUX button until the other lights start flashing. At this point the device is supposed to be recognized by the update application and continue updating...

I was able to get all lights flashing but the update would not progress. Now my Soundlink mini has both the AUX and Bluetooth lights flashing and cannot be turned off. I tried to reset the device to factor settings and it did not work.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini - can't update and won't turn off

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi KMB15, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

To ensure that you performed the reset correctly this can be done by turning on the speaker, then pressing and holding the Power button for ten seconds. Once reset, the speaker turns off. You can also clear the speaker's device list and then attempt to update the speaker again via Btu.bose.com, to clear the device's pairing list press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone or voice prompt is heard, which confirms the memory is clear.

Please note that only the SoundLink Mini II can be updated, whereas the first version can't. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini - can't update and won't turn off

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi KMB15, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

To ensure that you performed the reset correctly this can be done by turning on the speaker, then pressing and holding the Power button for ten seconds. Once reset, the speaker turns off. You can also clear the speaker's device list and then attempt to update the speaker again via Btu.bose.com, to clear the device's pairing list press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone or voice prompt is heard, which confirms the memory is clear.

Please note that only the SoundLink Mini II can be updated, whereas the first version can't. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support