Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2017

Bose Soundlink Mini turns off randomly

My Soundlink Mini simply turns off randomly or disconnects from bluetooth (it is not the Mini II but the previous version) while playing music.

I have already reseted it several times, tried with different devices, tried it pluged in the charging base, nothing is solving the issue.

Called customer service and they told me to try updating the software, but I am not able to figure out how to do it from Bose website.

HELP PLEASE!

Really disappointed with a brand like Bose and a product purchased less than a year ago which I actually started using only 3 months ago.

Thanks 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini turns off randomly

CaptainF

Thanks for the post. So sorry to hear that. HERE is a link to step by step instructions to how to update your speaker. If updating the speaker doesn't work, we would recommend reaching out to your local Bose support HERE for an exchange. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Let us know if you need anything else

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2017

WhRe: Bose Soundlink Mini turns off randomly

Tony,

Thanks for your reply. Your link directs me to software update instructions that indicate "Applies to: SoundLink® Wireless Mobile speaker"

Can you please double check the link and confirm if these instructions apply also to the SoundLink Mini bluetooth speaker software update? (it is not the Mini II but the previous version)

Thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: WhRe: Bose Soundlink Mini turns off randomly

CaptainF,

Thanks for clarifying. There is no update available for the original SoundLink mini. We would recommend reaching back out to support using the link provided earlier for exchange options.

Thanks

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

There are no updates for the SoundLink Mini, only for the SoundLink Mini II. So what do we do to fix this problem?!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Here are your options folks. Pay to send it in to Bose, pay them $75, and get it back one day and hope it works again for a while. Not happy at this point with Bose for the first time in 20 years of owning mulitiple products. I even pay to have their systems in my cars. I have even probably sold 50 of these speakers for them over the years. Guess not anymore. Just put out an update for them Bose. This is Chicken@!#$. Perfectly good speaker that will end up in the dump for lack of support.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

Is this still a problem? No software update for the Bose mini to address the random turn off???

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2017

I gave up and bought a JBL Charge 3. So far so good. I wasted money on the Bose, but won't waste more time on this matter.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

No update, nor will there be one. They don’t care apparently. Speaker still works properly sometimes, but it will probably be trash in the ever growing landfill soon enough I guess. See that, now they don’t care about the environment and are putting profit above the earth. I wish they would make everything bombproof like my 601 speakers.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2018

Hi! Tont Gs advise worked for me. i held the mute button to reset my speaker now its working well. thanks much! im from philippines

@CaptainFwrote:

My Soundlink Mini simply turns off randomly or disconnects from bluetooth (it is not the Mini II but the previous version) while playing music.

I have already reseted it several times, tried with different devices, tried it pluged in the charging base, nothing is solving the issue.

Called customer service and they told me to try updating the software, but I am not able to figure out how to do it from Bose website.

HELP PLEASE!

Really disappointed with a brand like Bose and a product purchased less than a year ago which I actually started using only 3 months ago.

Thanks