itsmorich
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

Bose Soundlink Revolve+ Error when updating to 1.2.2 firmware

I tried to update my Revolve+ to the latest 1.2.2 firmare from 1.1.8 today,

The update always got stuck at 8% and just stopped. I have updating it on two different comouters, both with Windows 10 on them and the problem still remains.

I use the original Bose cable and I tried it with and without the dock.

Is there a solution to this?

Thank you

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve+ Error when updating to 1.2.2 firmware

Hi itsmorich,

Sorry to hear about the issues updating!  I'm wondering if you can try updating the speaker via the Connect App on a different device, smartphone, tablet, etc?  I have included the steps for this below:

1. The app alerts the user that app that a product update is available by displaying an update icon over the image of the product with an available update 

2. Tap the Bose product icon displaying the update icon to start the update
  3. Wait while the headset updates. This typically takes a couple minutes 

4. When finished, the app shows a check mark below the product icon 

Let me know if this helps?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

Highlighted
Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

I am having the same problem with updating firmware.  your instructions for using another device were not very clear.  how does the speaker connect and update on an iphone (via bluetooth?).  desperate for an answer b/c revolve speaker won't pair (tried resetting to factory conditions) and won't charge past 90%.

Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

BTW i'm updating version 1.0.9 to 1.2.2

Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

P.S. tried rebooting computer, changing usb port.  Downloaded app on iphone but since the revolve won't pair (it connects but won't pair for some reason) it won't allow me to update via iphone.  FYI, computer is using windows 10.  As I said before, the updater reaches 8 % but then loses communication for some reason when trying tp update via windows 10 computer. Again, I have already reset revolve to factory settings and deleted all pairings (plus deleted from bluetooth on iphone) in an effort to get it to pair again.  I was hoping that the updater would resolve the pairing issue but now i'm apparently out of options.  please help!. 

Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

I found that the reason my revolve was not charging and the likely reason the update didn't work is because my charge cord will not go fully into the revolve port.  Bose is sending a new charge cord.  Hopefully that will work and I will be able to update and resolve the pairing issue.

@Rihilism Thank you for continually updating us! Sorry to hear about the experience. I have few SoundLink Revolve's on my desk here too, absolutely love the Stereo mode! We definitely want you to be able to enjoy your speaker to its fullest potential. Let us know if the cable works out or if there's anything else we can help with! 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

GuyinChina
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Hello,

I juist wanted to let you know I am also having trhe same issue with updating.  I have sent a very detailed message already but a quick recap.  The update seesm to fully download throught the bluetooth/phone connection (I am using Android). But then it freeksout and the music starts skipping and the only thing that stops it is to break the connection by turning off BT in my phones system functions. I did have a bit of trouble pairing after that, (took several tries before finnally connecting).  And just like the other guy, with USB updating, at 7% all the lights on the speaker turn off, there is a pause, updating then goes to 8%, a longer pause, finally it reports an error that the connection was lost. I have tried mulptiple times and its the same every time.

REGARDS,

Chris

PS-  I have multple USB cords, I will try switching them out to investigate the possible USB solution.

GuyinChina
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Hello again,

A minor note. My issue is with the Soundlink Revolve, not Revolve +.  Seems you have problems with both models.

Regards,

Chris

GuyinChina
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Hello,

Here is an Update.  I tried doing the update with Bluetooth again, no music playing and watchied the speaker remained on for the entire transfer.  I was hopeful when time remaining got down to "less than a minute remaining."  (starting at 23 minutes).  I watched waiting to see the last message go, and it finally did. It was replaced by a new message reading "23minutes remaining....) Ahhhh!  It seems to just be looping back to the beginingonce the transfer is complete instead of installing anything.  How &*^$#*(&@(* annoying is that!. Hope you guys can come up with a solution.

Regards,

Chris