Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve+ Error when updating to 1.2.2 firmware

Thanks for the update Chris.  Sounds like the problem may be with the update itself. Can the moderator inidcate whether they have tried updating and if they have had a similar issue? I will try when the new cord arrives and see what happens.  Currently my Bose revolve will not pair with my iphone or my PC (windows 10, brand new Lenovo all in one).  It "connects", so I can listen to music, etc., but once I turn the revolve off I have to manually reconnect each time (hence, no "pairing).  Again I was hoping that the firmware update would resolve this problem but things are not looking good.  BTW, does your USB cable completely insert into the revolve port. Mine will not go in all the way like the nice lady at Bose customer says it should (perhaps the moderator can shed some light on this issue).  BTW, customer support (at least in the U.S.) can be reached at 800-367-4008.

Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Can you please inidcate whether you have tried updating to the latest firmware and also can you let me know if your USB plug goes all the way in to the revolve port?

GuyinChina
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

More Updates,

I have come to realize that the "settings" page in your Connect App appears to be setting absolutely nothing.  The Device name, Auto off, voice prompt swith, all switch back to their default setting after being changed.  With one exception.  When I gave the device a new nickname, it shows up when you first open the app to find your device, and in the list of Bluetooth connections, but on other screens it shows the default name, so maybe that is how it is supposed to work. But the auto off and voice prompt toggle definetly don't do squat.

Regards,

Chris

PS-  You do have people to test your software before you release it right?? LOL

Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

BTW, the questions I asked were for the moderator and FYI I have an iphone 7.

Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

p.s., my iphone ios version is 10.3.3.  I have not upgraded b/c of all the problems with ios 11.0.1.

Highlighted
Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Found a fix for pairing.  Apparently you hold down the multifunction key until the LED lights flash (found solution via another bose community thread).  That resolved the pairing issue and my revolve is now paired with my iphone and my computer.  I will try the USB cord when it gets here to see if it resolves the update issue. ETA, can now apparently update via iphone, i'll see how that works.

GuyinChina
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Hi Rihilism,

First off, your welcome.  I am also hoping this is just an issue with the update itself.  Which considering that both the USB and boothtooth method do not work, seems likely.   In my case, a couple of times my devices where unable to find my, but it happened randomly.  And I also need to pair everytime I power off the speaker..   As for the USB, when you mean insert the usb completely, do you mean flush to the base of the insert then, no.  I can still see a portion of the base protruding from the device.  But as far as I could tell that did not seem to be affecting anything.  I can charge the device fully, you mentioned you could not. and there seems to be not issue with data transfer as I have used the USB connection to my computer running the device as a speaker, without issue.  

I have 2 questions for you.  I have never really used these online forums before.  Reading your messages I wanted to join the discussion.  The messages I wrote were intended for the Moderator, adding so additional detail to what you had already submitted.  From your message I am unclear if the moderator recieved my earlier posts.  Did I make a mistake in how to use this format?

GuyinChina
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Oh, and yes.  I am trying to update the latest firmware. 1.09-1,22

Rihilism
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Thanks for the info on the USB physical connection.  As I suspected, the cord/plug is not the problem (it also seems to be charging now on the original cord since i haven't recieved the new cord yet I went ahead and tried it again).  The problem is most likely the update or the updater.  As to the moderator, I've noticed that it can take several days to hear back from a moderator, so no, you made no mistake.  Also, the revolve should pair automatically.  By pressing and holding the multifunction key (symbol on it looks like -o-) until the lights flash and trying pairing again I resolved the automatic pairing issue (now it pairs automatically when I turn on the revolve and I don't have to manually pair anymore).  Granted this is with an iphone 7 and a Windows 10 brand new computer so your mileage may vary.  Hoping that helps you out.  

GuyinChina
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Grrrr,

You beat me to the solution to the "pairing" issue.  I had found the same solution and was about to pass it along to you. LOL.  I am waiting to see if it will fix the updating issue as well, which is stated is should.  On an off topic, I have on old Lenovo all in one Idea Centre. Recently had the hard drive die on me, so I replaced it just to get me by while I shop for a new computer.  I have been very happy with Lenovo. Curious to know what you think of your new Lenovo?  I looked at a lot of reviews and it seemed like for every positive review there was a negative to match it.  What your experience so far?  Thanks again for your help with the Bose and for an input on the Lenovo.