Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2017

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve aux cable delay

Honestly, I don't think a PA system is appropriate for my needs. I'm not playing to an audience. I'm playing an Xbox game which outputs the audio in real-time.

Please at least admit that the revolve suffers unnecessary lag, as do many other Bose products evidently. According to the sales person in store, the lag exists to keep paired speakers in sync. Why can't it detect that there's no paired speaker and prevent the lag?
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2017

Update:

I purchased a Sony SRS-X11 (less than £40 from Amazon).  This little USB-powered audio cube is more than good enough for my needs and there is almost no audio lag when connected via AUX.  It's not 'quite' Bose Revolve sound quality, but it's not that far off with reasonable base and clarity. This product also pairs with a second cube to provide Stereo sound the same as the Revolve does.

The reason I am highlighting this, is to point out that the Bose argument of "You're not using the product for what it's designed for", or "the lag is there because you can pair with a second speaker" is null and void when a 2 year old product that costs less than a third of the price, can achieve what Bose can't.

Sort it out.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Hi
I have the same problem and from Bluetooth too! 😞
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

Ok, so it looks like Firmware Release 1.1.8 fixed the latency issue for me. Took me a while to actually run the update, since the iOS app failed 6 times to download and finally took 4.5 hours to download (on a fiber connection!). The Mac app doesn't like to connect either, even via USB. It would be nice with a little involvement from Bose around here.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi all,

We have indeed released an update which should reduce the latency of the AUX and USB sources (firmware version 1.1.8).

To perform this update, please open the Bose Connect application, and you should be prompted with an update button if the speaker is connected to your device. If you prefer to use a laptop or desktop, please visit our Bluetooth Updater website for further instructions.

If the issue continues after confirming your device is running firmware version 1.1.8, please post in this thread so that we can investigate further. You can check the software version by performing the steps below:

1. Open the Bose Connect application and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth products 
  2. Tap the Settings icon to open the product's settings menu. (Note: If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it and then tap Settings) 
  3. From the Settings menu, choose "Product Details" 
  4. The version installed will be listed under "Firmware Version" 

@klokie, I apologize for any inconvenience you have received while attempting to update. This should and is not normal operation; I will PM you to follow up on these issues.

Thank you

**edited for formatting**

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

Perfect, thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

I'm at the verge of buying a Revolve Plus... can you confirm if the lag has been removed? I intend to use it quite a bit over 3.5mm for movies as well.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

@vnyr wrote:

I'm at the verge of buying a Revolve Plus... can you confirm if the lag has been removed? I intend to use it quite a bit over 3.5mm for movies as well.

Yes, the lag has been removed with the latest version of the firmware. I'd recommend updating it using the latest Mac updater since I couldn't get the iOS updater to work.

Once that's sorted, I think you'll find the speaker offers amazing sound and good versatility and integration via Bluetooth, USB and stereo ins.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Could you please, please solve that issue with the Bose Soundlink mini 2 as well?

I'm having the same problem for 2 years now.

I would love to use it as a speaker for my Electric guitar, but it's just not possible to play because of the latency.

The sound is amazing though. Is it possible to do the same update for the mini 2 und solve the latency issue with the AUX connection?

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

Have you tried upgrading the speaker's firmware?