Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2018

Bose Soundlink Revolve + flashing red light

I have a Soundlink Revolve + that I purchased on July 18 2017.  It will not power on, will not connect to Bluetooth and is unresponsive to anything.  When I put it on the cradle the battery led will flash one time in the orange/amber flash and then goes to flashing red.  I have tried to hold the power button down to reset it,but nothing is working.  Can someone please help me out.  Also does anybody know what the warranty period is on this.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve + flashing red light

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello jwetsit,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. I'd be happy to help!

First, let's see if we can get the speaker to install a system update.  Let's try connecting the SoundLink Revolve+ speaker to your computer via the included USB cable. Once this is done, please visit http://btu.bose.com/ and follow the onscreen instructions.

If this doesn't work, let's try disconnecting the USB cable and trying a factory-default reset:

1. Turn the speaker on (while connected to the charger)
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

If this also doesn't work, I'd next recommend reaching out to your local Bose Technical Support Team by phone. This way, we can best assist in determining a resolution for you. You can find your local contact info HERE. Once you have selected your region, select Support, then scroll down and select Contact Us.

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello jwetsit,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. I'd be happy to help!

First, let's see if we can get the speaker to install a system update.  Let's try connecting the SoundLink Revolve+ speaker to your computer via the included USB cable. Once this is done, please visit http://btu.bose.com/ and follow the onscreen instructions.

If this doesn't work, let's try disconnecting the USB cable and trying a factory-default reset:

1. Turn the speaker on (while connected to the charger)
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

If this also doesn't work, I'd next recommend reaching out to your local Bose Technical Support Team by phone. This way, we can best assist in determining a resolution for you. You can find your local contact info HERE. Once you have selected your region, select Support, then scroll down and select Contact Us.

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2018

I am having the same issue with mine. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2018

This started a couple of days ago. Resetting the speaker did not fix it but downloading the latest software update worked. Why would it start doing this out of the blue beats me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2018

I ended up having to call and talk to customer service and they ran me through a few more things to try over the phone and when that didn't work they had me ship it to them and they fixed it under warranty and shipped it back to me.  Obviously it was a little bit of an inconvenience, but they covered it under warranty and extended my warranty for a year.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Bose sounlink revolve not turning on

I’m sam from India and last year I bought a portable Bose soundlink revovle and now it’s not charging or powering up. It keeps blinking red light when I charge it and still its not turning on and because of COVID-19 all Bose support centres are closed and I cannot get it repaired. Please help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

Soundlink Revole blinking red

Blinking red updated software turned yellow but then started blinking red again.  Tried to power off nothing i would expect the battery would last longer than a year...it's very frustrating to say the least i thought the product would be better quality.