Bose Soundlink Revolve + paired with Dell XPS 13 - volume buttons have no effect whatsoever

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose Soundlink Revolve + paired with Dell XPS 13 - volume buttons have no effect whatsoever

I know there have been similar posts but I am still unclear of what to do. After purchasing the Bose speaker  and pairing with existing ASUS laptop, this  same problem occurred. I was told by Bose support, that  my Asus (windows 7) was probably too old for the current technology. I forked out $2000 + for the Dell (windows 10) thinking that with the so called best and latest on both accounts I would be fine. Hah! I can adjust the volume from the Dell but this is not acceptable as it is clumsy and  produces a sound from the speaker which disrupts the dance class. Right now I do not feel thet the Bose is it for purpose.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve + paired with Dell XPS 13 - volume buttons have no effect whatsoever

Hello sane. 

Thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your SoundLink Revolve +. 

I would ask that you check your speaker has the latest software version. You can check this via the Bose Connect app or by connecting to a computer via USB and visiting the Bose system update center here.

I would also like you to try a product reset:

1. Unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

Let me know how this goes and if you need any further assistance I am happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve + paired with Dell XPS 13 - volume buttons have no effect whatsoever

Thanks for your reply Charlotte, but it hasn't solved my problem. I  connected via a USB port and it confirmed that my software is up to date (1.5). I also held down the multifunction button on battery power until all the lights flashed. Nothing changed - still no volume controls. I then also paired the Bose to an Android tablet (which was my initial solution until I found the lack of functionality in a tablet unacceptable) and  the volume buttons on the Bose worked perfectly. So clearly the problem seems to with the combination of speaker and Dell, or speaker and Windows 10. I have another Asus laptop which has been upgraded to Windows 10. I will try pairing the Bose to that and will let you know what happens.

Quiet Contributor

Hi Charlotte, When I pair the Bose with  an Asus laptop - Windows 10, I have the same problem as with the Dell. Only success is with the Android tablet.

Hi Sane, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I have just done some testing myself and encountered the same issue. This seems to be something to do with the Windows 10 update as it happens across devices. 

Could you please tell me which source you are attempting to use? I was able to control the volume via the buttons when using Spotify but not on Youtube. Could you please also try Spotify to see if this is the case for you also? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Hector

Am I right in assuming you are asking for my source of music? I am not into Spotify (too old for social media).  My music is on my hard drive and  is managed by Winamp software and is a mixture of file types eg mp3, m4a, wma. ogg depending on whether it was purchased as cd's or downloaded tracks, ITunes etc. On my Android tablet, which is the only version which works correctly, it is the same tracks managed by Rocket Player.

Hi Sane,

Thank you for providing this information, it is most helpful! 

I will look to create a ticket for this issue, as we have been able to replicate it. Our development team will look into this and hopefully provide a resolution. So we can give them the most accurate information, do you mind providing the make and model of the laptops that you had issues with and confirm they are both on Windows 10?

Thank you for your understanding! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Quiet Contributor

Hi Jessie

The main one I am concerned about is a brand new Dell xps 9370 i7-8550U processor with Windows 10 (64bit) Home bought specifically for music for dance classes.

The other  one is an older laptop - Asus X53E cor i7 which has only recently been upgraded from Windows 7 Pro OA to Windows 10 (64 bit). This is the one I was told was probably too old to support newer technology like Bluetooth, yet both machines react the same.

As an aside, I have just connected the Bose to the Dell with USB audio and the volume buttons work. But this defeats the purpose of  buying a Bluespeaker.

Hi Sane, 

Thank you for coming back to us. The information you have provided is most helpful and I will get this passed onto the team. 

We will update the community when we have more information. 

Have a great day! 

Kindest,

Kerri