Highlighted
erquy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

Bose Soundlink colour bluetooth and google home mini

Hi, i've tried to play some music from the soundlink colour 1 using the google home mini device. The speaker apparently it's paired correctly but when the google home mini tries to stream some music nothing happens! it seem like if the google home mini streams the signal and something goes wrong in the connection and the music doesn't play anywhere. if i restart the music, the music then starts from the google home mini device and the soundlink isn't anymore the preferred bluetooth speaker and it can't be selected  because it gives a generic error. By the way the speaker apparently it's working fine with the google home. i can easily connect and disconnect it using the voice and after i restart the speaker it immediately reconnects to google home mini but i can't select it as preferred speaker but the story it's always the same. The only way that i've found to ear something coming out from the speaker it's deleting the bose from the paired devices and do a new pairing when google home mini it's already playng some music but, if i skip the song, the music stop playing frome the bose and immediately starts playing from the google home mini device. I've also tried with the google home customer care and they say that the bluetooth streaming it's fully supported now and there might be some vocal command or something to do with the soundlink colour that i've to ask to the bose customer care. with every cellphone or tablet the speaker works fine, i've already done the factory reset and the update to the latest fw. someone can help me please???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundlink colour bluetooth and google home mini

Author Accepted Answer selected by erquy

Hi Erquy, 

Thanks for updating us! I am glad to hear that your issue is now resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

10 REPLIES 10
erquy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

Anyone from Bose?

Hi Erquy, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue however I would love to help. 

Could you please let me know which streaming service you are using on the home to play music? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

erquy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

with the Google home mini I'm using the free version of YouTube music. The Google customer care suggested to try a premium account, but I don't want a premium account for the music.

Hi Erquy, 

Have you attempted to ask the speaker to play a radio station instead of via through Youtube music? In some cases I have seen that you need a premium account to access some features. 

I would recommend taking a look at this link for setup assistance.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

erquy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

I will try again with Google music, I bought some album's on that! I'll try this evening!

Hi Erquy, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

We look forward to hearing your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

erquy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

Ok, I've paired the speaker again and set Google paly music as preferred player, I've asked to play some music from Google play music and after that the magic! The speaker started playing music from my personal Playlist! No radio found... So... We can't play YouTube music or Spotify without a premium account? If it's true I'll trow Google home straight in the garbage...

Hi Erquy, 

Thanks for posting, I am glad to hear that the music is now playing through the SoundLink. 

I would recommend getting in touch with Google to see which services you can use without a premium account. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

erquy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

problem solved! the only problem was the YT Music app that wasn't up 2 date!:( thank you so much and i really hope this will be helpful 4 someone else:)