Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Bose Soundlink micro not working with Skype????

Tried a number of times but the the sound link micro does not work with Skype on Windows 10. My friends had similar problem. 

The skype freezes after a call is established, when Bose soundlink micro is used as speaker/microphone. When I tried testing call, the automatic voice plays for only two seconds then Skype freezes. 

Did a bit web search around and this is definitely a Bose problem! So disappointing for an expensive small bluetooth speaker. As a bose user for decades, this really puts me off!!!!!! 

Can Bose update the firmware to solve the problem????? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Bose Soundlink micro not working with Skype????

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi there, wq!

Thank you for reaching out!  I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.  Unfortunately, this is an incompatibility between the Micro and the Skype application.  The Skype app requires the Hands Free Profile (HSP) in order to use the speaker as a VoIP call.  However, this Micro does not support the HSP.  I hope that this helped clarify for you!  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Enjoy your day and take care,

Shiloh 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi there, wq!

Thank you for reaching out!  I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.  Unfortunately, this is an incompatibility between the Micro and the Skype application.  The Skype app requires the Hands Free Profile (HSP) in order to use the speaker as a VoIP call.  However, this Micro does not support the HSP.  I hope that this helped clarify for you!  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Enjoy your day and take care,

Shiloh 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. The main reason I choose Bose Soundlink Micro because it has a microphone which I thought can be used as a handy speakerphone with Skype while travelling. It is so frustrating to find out it does not. 

Will Bose plan to have firmware release to solve this issue? Or it is at best a paperweight for me. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi wq,

Thanks for following up. I don't have any information on if or when this would change via a firmware update.  Thank you kindly for your feedback.

Enjoy your week,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Hello,

I also have purchased a Bose Soundlink Micro recently. Am looking at returning it due to lack of HSP support.

Any update on firmware updates for the device to include HSP support for Skype, Whatsapp, Facetime, Messenger voice or video calls?

The micro is a great little speaker. It's just sad that it doesn't support HSP.

Thanks,

Eugene

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 13, 2018

its a bit sad to simply say it is not supported...

a lot of customers (many posts are seen on bose) seem to have mistakenly bought them.

should have a big warning label that it is for "cellular voice calls only" and teach your sales force and your retail partners to not make things up or assume it works and mislead the end consumer

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 13, 2018

https://community.bose.com/t5/Bluetooth-Speakers-Archive/Soundlink-III-for-Whatsapp/m-p/55919#M832

and posts suggests by bose moderator that buying a revolve will solve the problem...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Any news about firmware update? Its a very big ISSUE with Micro Soundlink with Android.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello rinfantas,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community!

There have not been any updates from development. If there is any new information, we'll let the community know.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

somebody found a solution for skype on Android work with Bose SoundLink micro?

regards