Highlighted
atilam
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Bose Soundlink mini II - Answering call through phone doesn't route audio to BT Speaker

Hi, I use an Android device and am trying to understand if this is a bug or a feature.

When I have my phone connected to my bose speaker, if I receive an incoming call, two situations occur:

1. If I answer the call via the MultiFuntion button, the call audio is routed to the speaker as expected

2. If I answer the call via the phone screen, the call audio is routed the to phone earpiece

I was wondering if "2." is indeed a design, or a bug.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundlink mini II - Answering call through phone doesn't route audio to BT Speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by atilam

Hello atilam,

No problem.

Thank you for providing this information and for taking the initiative to try out multiple devices as a troubleshooting step. 

I am certain that this is the general rule with any device when you answer the call from the device itself and it is connected to a Bluetooth speaker. 

My best advice would be to contact the manufacturer of your phone to see if there is a way to force your phone to play through the speaker as soon as you take the call. 

As always, if you have any questions or queries, please reach out to us and we will be happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose Soundlink mini II - Answering call through phone doesn't route audio to BT Speaker

Hello atilam,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with this feature.

Could you please confirm which phone you have and I will look in to this for you?

From my understanding, I believe that this would either be a setting or a bug with the phone as appose to the speaker. With my personal experience, when answering calls on my phone whilst connected to a Bluetooth speaker, I have to select which output I would like to use.

I also invited members of the community to share their experience with this situation and which devices they use. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

atilam
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Hhi Charlotte, 

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've tested with a few different devices: Motorola G7, Motorola Z3 and Pixel XL. All of them present the same issue. 

I looked at the logs from the phones, and I see that the Bose speaker accepts the bluetooth audio channel, then, shortly after, the speaker itself terminates the audio channel, causing the audio to be routed back to the phone.

After I answer the call, I can select the Bluetooth audio option in the call screen, and if I do that, it works as expected. It seems that the only scenario where this fails is upon initial call answer.

Best regards,

Atila

Author Accepted Answer selected by atilam

Hello atilam,

No problem.

Thank you for providing this information and for taking the initiative to try out multiple devices as a troubleshooting step. 

I am certain that this is the general rule with any device when you answer the call from the device itself and it is connected to a Bluetooth speaker. 

My best advice would be to contact the manufacturer of your phone to see if there is a way to force your phone to play through the speaker as soon as you take the call. 

As always, if you have any questions or queries, please reach out to us and we will be happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

atilam
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Thanks again Charlotte. 

Congrats on the quick replies. Very good support!