Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Bose revolve paring mode not working

Hello,

Yesterday I installed the bose connect app to my phone.And after that i ON my bluetooth and I connect my bose revolve. I go to bose connect app and he immediatly seen the product and after that i drag down to connect the speaker and he instructed me to press and hold for 1sec to pair my device to the speaker, so I press the bluetooth option to my speaker but it seems that pairing mode is not working.Even before I installed bose connect, my bose revolve does not connect automatically when I ON my bluetooth to my phone. I take a snapshot with bose connect. As you can see at the upper right side the speaker was already connected but i cannot use bose connect because it was not paired. 

unnamed.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Re: Bose revolve paring mode not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Wow.!! I think all of my problems are solved. Pairing mode is working, automatic connect when bluetooth is on is working, status indicator ( blinking white or connecting) showed and the voice prompt as well was working too. Before when I connect my device to the speaker their is no voice prompt even my voice prompt status is ON and status indicator blinking white was not showed when connecting.

I've tried many times to reset my speaker but still nothing happened. And now what i did, I just press and hold the multi function button and while I'm pressing it I heard something beeping and I saw the battery indicator was blinking red even that the speaker had just finished charging and its fully charged. I was shocked and nervous, so I stop pressing the multi function button. So what i did I reset again my bose revolve and the blinking red was gone. After that i connect the speaker to my device and I was impress because voice prompt was working and automatic connect when bluetooth in ON was working too. I know its kind of weird that multi function button can solved my problem. But I'm not saying that this is the solution if you have the same problem with mine because it was not in the troubleshooting and it might give you some problem. So it still better to asked first to bose community moderators if you have some technical issue. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Wow.!! I think all of my problems are solved. Pairing mode is working, automatic connect when bluetooth is on is working, status indicator ( blinking white or connecting) showed and the voice prompt as well was working too. Before when I connect my device to the speaker their is no voice prompt even my voice prompt status is ON and status indicator blinking white was not showed when connecting.

I've tried many times to reset my speaker but still nothing happened. And now what i did, I just press and hold the multi function button and while I'm pressing it I heard something beeping and I saw the battery indicator was blinking red even that the speaker had just finished charging and its fully charged. I was shocked and nervous, so I stop pressing the multi function button. So what i did I reset again my bose revolve and the blinking red was gone. After that i connect the speaker to my device and I was impress because voice prompt was working and automatic connect when bluetooth in ON was working too. I know its kind of weird that multi function button can solved my problem. But I'm not saying that this is the solution if you have the same problem with mine because it was not in the troubleshooting and it might give you some problem. So it still better to asked first to bose community moderators if you have some technical issue. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Wow.! Thanks sir Tony_G..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Sir! You are a freaking life saver! You have a good one and thank you so much. I have been doing the same thing you did and it worked! God bless you for sharing this.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

I bought one Soundlink Color II last week and another today.   I've worked in Silicon Valley hardware engineering groups of large corporations for decades.  The user information in the product package is minimal, only able to get one started as there is a long ways to go before it all works though there is nothing in the package sheets to help.  The documentation relates units start out have charged but mine did not do anything except  for the blinking chage led for several hours .  Then downloaded the more comprehensive online pdf produt manual that has more operational information but even that is not complete yet there is nothing on the customer service download page to warn customers.  Also downloaded the Bose Connect App onto my moto ng smartphone. When I tried to initialize the unit after selecting the English language it went into a firmware update mode without warning and without any user manual information about.  That ran about 10 minutes before completing.   Eventually was playing music.  But there is no documentation section explaining how to turn it off.  Pressing buttons like a monkey eventually got all LEDs off turned off the moto g bluetooth to be sure.  Overnight the battery drained down to nothing for no reason?  Thus had to charge it up several hours again.  Then after running the Bose Connect app it seemed to work per manual and even turned off via the power button.

But trying to get the second device to initialize has been another can of worms.   Would not update after initializing and the stereo mode I bought the 2 for did not work so once again went on the web and found the online page for updating the software to 2.1.17 using the update app.   That went well.  But afterward the unit would not even power on so will let it charge a few hours.  Makes me wonder what kind of engineers Bose is using for their firmware as has been flaky in multiple ways with a product hardly ready for consumer  use out of the box,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

U r just a legend mate, I used to have the same problem and with ur indications now all good. 

God bless u 

MB

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Dude, you saved me. I could not figure this out for the life of me, and from what I could find, neither could Bose. My revolve plus had been working fine for 2 months, sudenly it wouldn't recognize my phone or Ipad and I had to reconnect everytime. And the Bose app was doing the same thing as yours. But working fine now..until next time!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

THANKS A LOT! I was struggling to figure out my problem and I solved it using your solution.

My problem was... I connected my iPhone X to Revolve and it worked perfectly. But Bose Connect app didn't recognize it and kept saying I should connect.

I reset my speaker, turned on and off, reinstalled. I did everything I can. But it didn't work.

It's interesting that pressing multi function button for a while is the solution! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2018

thank you for sharing the solution. Can’t believe this doesn’t appear in any Bose help section as it seems to be a fairly common problem.