Cornbread
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Bose soundlink micro not charging

Ive had my speaker for a little less than a month now. When I plug it in it lights up 3 LED's every other one. Not sure what this means havent been able to find anything on it. It will not charge ive plugged it into my pc, a wall socket, my ps4. I've used multiple cords. it wont reset or factory reset. Not quite sure what to do...

19 REPLIES 19
MySoundMicro
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Re: Bose soundlink micro not charging

Same problem. I got received mine for Christmas. Apparently broken.

When plugged in three white lights (every other one) will turn on. Then they shut off after about 10 seconds. Holding middle button on top doesn't fix it. Holding power doesn't. Upgraded to current firmware (if on Windows, try Edge. Bose's update software wouldn't work with Chrome). That didn't fix it.

The Android happ can apparently see the device, because after plugging it in the app will tell me the type and suggest to connect. However, I can't press the bluetooth button (or at least it doesn't do anything) 'cause I can't turn the speaker on.

BTW, phone support is offline "to upgrade system."

Guy Graves
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

I'm having the exact same problem, received a Micro as a christmas present two days ago and when I connect to the power cable the three LEDs blink six times then stop. This prompts the Bose app on my iphone to know that it's a soundlink micro but then it tells me to press the Bluetooth button on the speaker, which does... nothing. It seemingly isn't charging (no blinking LED) when connected to my mac or the wall outlet, and will not even turn on. All the buttons do nothing. Someone / BOSE - help please! This is not quite the seamless pairing/setup process I had hoped for...

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey folks,

I'm so sorry to hear that your new Micro's are giving you some trouble!  Let's get them up and running for you. Can we try a reset on the speaker? I'll include the steps below:

1. Power on your speaker.
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth indicator glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Let me know if this helps?

I hope you've had a lovely Christmas season!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

Nothai
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

I have done that. But that still does not solve the not charging issue. Why will the device not charge?? And you can’t update the software unless you have a charge over 20%.
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there,

Sorry that that didn't help. At this time I think your best option is to reach out to customer support, you can use this link here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

I hope that you're having a lovely day!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

krung84
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2018

I got the same problem here, turn off every 10 sec and reboot when reconnect to charger.
How do you get it fixed? Or pls advise service centre in Thailand?
MySoundMicro
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Oh, I had to return mine. The new one turned right on and worked as exepected, so yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a faulty unit.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey krung84!

Thanks for reaching out, my friend.  HERE is the link to your local support, I'd suggest reaching out to them.

@MySoundMicro,

So glad to hear that you're all set to enjoy your listening experience, I'm glad that you got that exchanged.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Please take care,

Shiloh 

memembi
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

My micro died last night while I was at work. I left it to charge and the first indicator started to blink. But it never charged back up. I tried to reset it but it didn’t work. It’s still just blinking. What do I do?