Can BOSE Soundlink Resolve Plus be used as a PA system?

SOLVED
Silent Starter

Can BOSE Soundlink Resolve Plus be used as a PA system?

I would like to use the system as a PA system at a wedding. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can BOSE Soundlink Resolve Plus be used as a PA system?

Hi, smetcalf,

Thank you for posting, and welcome to the community. Depending on the size of the wedding, I'm not sure that a single Revolve Plus would be powerful enough to serve as a PA. Our best solution for this purpose is the S1 Pro system.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4

Hi, smetcalf,

Thank you for posting, and welcome to the community. Depending on the size of the wedding, I'm not sure that a single Revolve Plus would be powerful enough to serve as a PA. Our best solution for this purpose is the S1 Pro system.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Wistful Whiz

@smetcalfIn my 'day job', I am a wedding videographer (and I am also a film composer).  I have two Revolve's - not Plus's.  I can speak for the Revolve's though the Plus's could be louder.  Your speaker should be quite loud enough if you want to use it for music during the ceremony though if you are looking to use it with mic's for the officiant I would test the connections and volume first.  As far as the reception, I would not recommend it for a large room or if you have say more than about 50 guests - the background noise will drown out the music.  The best thing of course is to get your hands on the equipment used by a DJ which often means at least a small 4 channel powered mixer (I still have a "Mackie") which I use occasionally with one or two full sized speakers.  Another option I use (since stereo music is often not really a requirement at a wedding), especially for professional 'mixers', is to use an instrument amp.  Even a small one would sound louder than a Revolve+.  As a keyboard player, I still have a 20 year old Roland KC-500 amp which can both play music and accomodate remote mics (lapel and handheld which I bought for under $100 on eBay).  Even at half volume you can clearly hear voice and music from over 100 to 200 yards away.

Silent Starter

Can I use the Rode Wireless GO Compact Wireless Microphone System along with the BOSE SoundLink Resolve+ as a "poor man" PA system? The 3.5mm TRS cable (m/m) connects the Rode GO (Rx) to Bose 3.5mm aux port (?) and using the Rode GO (Tx) as a wireless mic.

Highlighted

Hi Chrishighness,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

This is a very interesting idea! 

The Revolve + is not designed to be used in this way so I will not be able to guarantee success. When you plug into the 'Aux In' you will need to be in this source to hear it. This means that you will not be able to connect via Bluetooth at the same time!

I hope this makes sense! If you have any other questions, Please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O