cam8
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

Can I lock or block others on my Soundlink Revolve speaker?

is it possible to block someone else from pairing or using my speaker?  thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Can I lock or block others on my Soundlink Revolve speaker?

To pair with your Revolve, you need to push the bluetooth button on the left to put it into pairing mode.  I do not work for Bose and I may not be knowledgable of all its functionality (I am sure they will chime in here as well), but once it is in pairing mode, it will pair with any legitimate device.  I also do not see any functionality in the Bose Connect app to limit what devices can connect to the Revolve.  So it would seem to me that the only way to stop another device is to not put the Revolve into pairing mode.

Re: Can I lock or block others on my Soundlink Revolve speaker?

Hello @cam8,

Thanks for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Community!

As @joelirwin noted (And accurately predicted my chiming in), the system has to be in pairing mode to pair to a new device.

Whilst in pairing mode there is no way to limit which device will connect to this, but once a device is paired this will no longer be in pairing mode.

If a device has already paired to the revolve in the past, then it is possible to overwrite the pairing and establish a new connection, however this would need to have been paired and in the systems' paired device list.

If needed, you can clear the paired device list for the revolve by holding the "Bluetooth" button for 10 seconds until you hear the prompt, confirming that the memory is cleared.

I hope this helps!

Liam_W - Community Support