Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Can micro be set to auto reconnect in party mode?

I'm trying to set two micros up for outdoor sound. I want to have them always plugged into power as a somewhat permanent outdoor sound setup. I'd like these to always be paired in stereo so that one speaker would be the one I connect to and the other would automatically pick up for a stereo pair. I have been able to connect party mode, but it seems to be very difficult to keep party mode connected whenever I connect another device. Is there a better way to configure these so that the two speakers are always paired in stereo, so that they behave like a single, connected speaker system?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Can micro be set to auto reconnect in party mode?

Hi stalus,

Thanks for posting. That is a great question! Once you enable party mode, the connection should remain as long and the speakers are powered on and connected. Once the speakers either lose power or are turned off, the connection would need to be re-established. The ability to have party mode remain connected is a great idea that we will pass along to our development department.

Regards.

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

It appears that the party mode connection drops any time there's a change in connection also? My device dropped the connection and party mode also dropped. I kind of get that it drops if I try to connect a second device (I'm guessing the paired speaker is replaced as the second device), but why would it drop when less than two devices are connected?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello stalus,

Thanks for replying.

Can you clarify when you're speaking about a "change in connection" on your mobile device? 

What type of mobile device do you currently own? Have you been able to test with a second device to see if the behavior is the same way?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

I have tried two devices so far:
1) TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver. It connects as the only connected device, then I use the b+ to connect to party mode. When I power off the TaoTronics, it announces "Bose speakers unlinked"
2) Samsung Galaxy S6. I connect using the Bose app as the only connected device. Disconnect from the app and it announces "Bose speakers unlinked"

In both cases, if I connect back to the same main speaker, even though I never turn the devices off, they are unlinked, so I have to go through the party mode connection process again. If I have party mode on and connect the second device, it drops party mode. So, I don't have any way to switch devices without going through the party mode linking process again.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello stalus,

Thanks for the clarification.

Everything you have described between the two source devices is the intended behavior.

We will pass your feedback along to development about persistent party mode. However, we want to be transparent and let you know that we cannot promise this will be implemented. 

If anything changes, we'll let the community know. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

I am a daily stereo user with two micros, they’re one product to me. Anyone that is close to me has been forced to endure the conversation of the speakers pairing day in and out for a good year now, friends have mimicked and mocked accurately the “stereo mode, left... right” on correct sides, however I’ll put up with it and I guess so will they because having a constant stereo attached to my body is like Prozac in this world, my life is soundtracked in unbelievably good quality, but having “Persistent party/stereo mode” is without question the proper evolution of the connect feature. Joel, original poster fella, honestly I will shed a tear the day I turn on the option for Persistent pairing mode or PPM.