Suelit
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Cannot get volume on Bose speaker to go up and down after bluetoothed to Visio TV

Hi, I have successfully paired my Vizio Tv to the Bose color soundlink.  I can hear the tv through the speaker, however the volume buttons will not work on speaker to turn it up or down.  

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Cannot get volume on Bose speaker to go up and down after bluetoothed to Visio TV

Hi Suelit,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Can you confirm whether this is the series 1 or 2 Soundlink Color?
  • If you connect the speaker directly to a mobile device, does the volume control work?
  • If you have the TV and mobile device connected, can you open the Bose Connect app on the mobile device and see if you can raise the volume in the app?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Suelit
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Re: Cannot get volume on Bose speaker to go up and down after bluetoothed to Visio TV

This is a brand new Colorlink 2.  Volume controls on speaker do work when connected to phone just not when connected to vizio tv. Volume comes out just not able to adjust the volume. Tv and Bose speaker are brand new out of box.

Highlighted

Hello Suelit! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

To control volume from the speaker, the TV must support the AVRCP Bluetooth profile. If it does not then the volume output over Bluetooth is likely a fixed signal and volume control would be accomplished through the TV directly. I hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support