Cannot play (2) speakers simultaneously with laptop windows 10

Silent Starter

Cannot play (2) speakers simultaneously with laptop windows 10

Paired Bose Soundlink Revolve + and Bose Soundlink Mini to Laptop running Windows 10. The speakers will not play together, but will each play separately. However, they play together with older laptop running Windows 8.1. Revolve plus has latest update 1.5.0. Tried resetting to no avail.

The units play together fine with my Samsung Note 9.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Cannot play (2) speakers simultaneously with laptop windows 10

Hello Frustrated123,

Stereo/Party Modes are not compatible with Windows 10. It is interesting to hear that it will work with Windows 8.1, however the speakers are intended to be used with mobile devices in these modes. You can set the Stereo/Party Mode via the Connect app or with the physical buttons on the speakers. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Wistful Whiz

Greg these are two difference speakers.  I was told that party mode only works with two speakers of the same type.  I was also told that my soundlink mini 2 does not support party mode.  Is one or both of these statements inacurate?

Highlighted

Hello joeliriwn,

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll clarify. The Stereo/Party modes are available for speakers compatible with the Connect app, regardless of model. Those speakers are: Revolve, Revolve+, SoundLink Color II, SoundLink Micro, and the S1 Pro. Speakers not included in this list are not capable of these modes. Both speakers being paired should also have the most recent firmware update.

Best Regards,

Greg

Silent Starter

I can play in party mode with Revolve Plus and Mini 1 using Samsung Note 9. Even though the Mini 1 has no voice somehow I have managed to play it in Party and Stereo. Not sure how I did it. Strange that Windows 10 cannot play two BT speakers together.

Hello Frustrated123,

I am not sure if you are truly achieving Party/Stereo mode then as the SoundLink Mini is not able to play the same music simultaneously. If you are able to describe in detail how you connected them and any software/OS/app used we might be able to decipher what's happening, however the Mini doesn't have that capability from the factory. As far as Windows 10 goes, we have tested it here with two Revolve+ speakers and have not been successful getting it to work so it is likely an incompatibility on the Windows 10 side.

Best Regards,

Greg

Wistful Whiz

I can't speak for windows 10 since I use windows 7/64 for both of my business machines (dell precision desktop and precision laptop).  I'm going to stay on 7/64 for as long as I can due to the various 'issues' with both hardware and software products.  I can tell you that I have never been able to reliably get Party mode to work connecting my two Revolves to my laptop.  As since this is a business where I am demoing my music (I score films), I can not take the time and/or the risk to get party/stereo mode to work.  As I am normally keeping both revolves near my laptop, here is what I use - it is designed for Stereo mode functionality (most splitters would be  equivalent to Party mode functionality and don't give you left/right channel splits).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hosa-3-5mm-TRS-Stereo-Male-to-Dual-3-5mm-TS-Female-Breakout-Cable-Black-Red...Smiley Tongue

Then to each of the black and red connectors you attach a male/male cable plugging them into the 3.5-inch female in the back of the Revolve and then put it into AUX mode.