Connect App connection issue

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Connect App connection issue

I’ve have 2 sound link II speakers which connect via blu tooth to my iPad and iPhone with no issues, however the Bose connect app does not recognise they are connected and as a result I’m unable to update any firmware or pair the speakers for party mode. 

I have tried to clear all connections on both speakers by holding the blu tooth indicator for 10 seconds and starting again, but still the connect app does not recognise the speakers are connected. I have also tried to do this as individual speakers, but the app still does not recognise they are connected. 

I have the latest app version 6.3.1

help and advice please thank you 

5 REPLIES

Re: Connect App connection issue

Hello Danielmichaeljackson,

Thanks for the post.

I apologize about the frustration, but I would like to help you with this.

Do you know if you own 2 of the SoundLink Mini II or the SoundLink Color II? If they are the SoundLink Mini II, those are not compatible with the Bose Connect app and cannot provide party mode audio since they were developed before the Bose Connect app was available.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hello Joel, thanks for the reply. To confirm I own 2, 

BOSE Soundlink Color II Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speakers

Thanks 

Daniel 

Hi Danielmichaeljackson,

Thanks for the additional information. Would it be possible for you to try updating your speakers by going to btu.bose.com on your computer and following the instructions? Once you make sure they are updated could you try connecting to the Bose connect app again?

Please give that a try and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Unfortunately I don’t own a computer or laptop. I use a iPad Pro and iPhone, any other suggestions as the app still won’t recognise they are connected via Bluetooth, even though they play music individually. Still unable to update firmware or pair for part mode, really frustrating 

Hi Danielmichaeljackson,

Thanks for responding. Have you tried plugging your speaker into your iPad and using the internal browser to visit btu.bose.com?

Please let us know,

Tony G