flightnut
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Firmware Update Soundlink Mobile II Stuck

I have a problem with the Soundlink Mobile II.....I tried to download the firmware but after 94%, it has stopped and mentions unsuccessful. Now, my Bose has the Aux, Bluetooth and Mute button lit up and no way that I can switch it off nor reset it with holding the Mute button.

Model: Soundlink Mobile II

Product ID: 0xbc52

Vendor ID: 0x05a7  (Bose Corporation)

Version: 1.00

Serial Number: *Mod edit: personal information*

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Bose Corporation

Location ID: 0x14130000 / 26

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 0

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Any ideas? Thanks a million. Jonathan

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Firmware Update Soundlink Mobile II Stuck

Hey Jonathan,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry you're having trouble with your speaker. We can try and help you here. 

Can you please verify that you're following the updating process from here: https://bose.life/2ToJUjX

Can you also try updating from a different computer, just for troubleshooting purposes? 

If the reset procedure did not seem to help, we may recommend that you have it looked at by one of our service teams in your region. They should be able to help with a further solution. If you need contact information, you can get it from here: https://bose.life/2v8YQJ0

Thanks again, 

Mohsin - Community Support

flightnut
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Yes, I followed the procedures. 

skeltonsf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

I have the same problem. I am very distraught by this since I used the Bose software. I have tried to reset it but to no avail. The update got to the typical 94% and then shut down. If I try to run the updater again it says that "This program identified the wrong update files for your device. This is a problem that Bose will need to resolve."

I called customer support nd the guy on the other end said that the only solution was to spend $75 and send it into their registered fixit boys. If you find a solution please be sure to share. Until then, I get to sit here and look at all the icons being lit up and not a dang sound coming from the speaker. 

Hi Skeltonsf, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue.

As you have contacted Customer Support Team, during your conversation did the representative advise you to try and reset the product before performing the update?

To do so, please press and hold the mute button for 10 seconds whilst the system is powered on. 

If this does not help resolve the issue, please let us know.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

flightnut
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Here’s a real solution for you simply install the upgrade software on a Mac computer running El captain and do the upgrade again and it will in brick the device. I managed to brick it using the upgrade software for my Windows PC so to fix it I used virtual box with a hackintosh to run the upgrade software which finally fixed it.