kicksen
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Firmware update Soundlink Mobile II

Hope somebody can help.. 🙂

I cant update my Soundlink Mobile II speaker, the software updater says it`s a wrong driver. But there isn`t any other drivers.

It works fine, but I cant pair it with my newest phone. 

Regards

kicksen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Firmware update Soundlink Mobile II

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Brandon_M

Hello Gerrit! Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the SoundLink Mobile II speaker. Let's see if clearing the paired devices list helps with the following steps:

1. Make sure the system is on
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds
  3. The system will emit a 'bee-boop' tone, indicating that the stored pairing list has been cleared. The button can be released
  4. Remove the SoundLink from the source device's pairing list (refer to manufacturer for instruction)
  5. Reset the SoundLink by pressing and holding the Mute button for approximately 10 seconds
  6. Pair and test for function

Let us know if this resolves things for you.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

15 REPLIES 15

Hey there, kicksen!

Welcome to the community, my friend!  Thank you for posting, I'm glad you did. 

The SoundLink Mobile II speaker does not have any updates currently so that would explain the error message that you're receiving.  

In regards to your new phone - what brand of phone is it?  What mobile operating system is it running and what version?

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Please take care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

kicksen
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Hey there Shiloh!

I have a HTC U11, and it run on android 8.0

kicksen

lilianr
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 11, 2018

Hi moderator,

I read your message in which you said there were no current updates for the Mobile Speaker II, but I didn't see the date of this answer.

My Mobile Speaker II often stops playing, so I wanted to update the software to solve the problem.

Maby you have another solution to this problem? I like to hear from you because I enjoy this speaker very much!

Sorry about my lousy English, but I'm Dutch and my highschool years were ages ago...

@kicksen Hello, and thank you for providing that information. Can you tell us exactly what is happening when you try pairing with your phone? Let's also perform a system reset if you have not already:

• Press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds, and the LEDs will flash briefly. Press the Power button to turn the system back on.

Can you let me know the results when you get the chance?

Thank you again!

Mohsin

Highlighted

Hello there, lilianr! 

Thank you for writing in. Welcome! So the date of that message was this past Monday, the 7th. We would also like to get you back to enjoying your speaker.

As @Shiloh_C mentioned, there are no longer any updates. But let's try to figure this out if we can. Can you also perform a system reset of your speaker to see if it helps?

• Press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly. Press the Power button to turn the system back on

Let me know when you get the chance. 

Thank you,

Mohsin

kicksen
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

That worked, thanks a lot!

Kicksen

FergNZ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

all sorted 🙂

teulings@web.de
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

Hi, 

I have a problem with the Soundlink Mobile II.....I tried to download the firmware but after 94%, it has stopped and mentions unsuccesful. Now, my Bose has the Aux, Bluetooth and Mute button lit up and no way that I can switch it off nor reset it with holding the Mute button. Any ideas? Thanks a million. Remco

Hi teulings,

Thanks for posting. Could you please verify what speaker you have? I ask because there are no updates for the SoundLink Mobile II speaker so I am curious what got to 94%?

Please come back and update us.

Tony G - Community Support