Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Iphone connecting to Soundlink during call

I just purchased the newest Soudlink bluetooth speaker. It's fantastic but during phone calls, my iphone will randomly connect to the speaker. Only happens when I am listening to music from my iphone. I get a call during and everything is fine. All of the sudden a call will go dead and I look and see it auto connected to the speaker during the call. 

This will force me to return it if I cannot fix it. 

I'm sure it's an Apple thing as I am pretty sure they don't want us using any product that doesn't say apple on it. But unfortuanately I can't get rid of the iphone (for now). 

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Iphone connecting to Soundlink during call

msb4mets

Thanks for posting. After reading your post, are you saying that if you are paired to your speaker, and a call comes in and you try to answer it on your phone it automatically jumps to the speaker? If so, iwhen you're paired with your speaker and a call comes in it will route to the speaker, but if you push and hold the multi function button it should switch back to the phone. You can also adjust this on his iPhone under Settings > General > Accessibility > Call audio routing where the option to send the call by default can be set back to the phone.

Let me know if that helps or if you actually meant something else.

Tony

Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

No, it's during the call. When the call comes in I pick it up on my iPhone. Part way through the call, my iPhone sometimes connects to the speaker without warning. I have to go into my phone and switch from the Bose to my headset in order to get the call back to the phone. 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi msb4mets,

That is unusual behavior. It does sound like an issue with the iPhone. Could we try something? If you could try making a call from another smartphone paired to the speaker to see if the issue is consistent over multiple devices?

Please come back and update us

Tony