Highlighted
gvigil
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Low Volume on Revolve Soundlink & Soundlink Micro

I have a TROND as well as a Aluratek bluetooth transmitter device. I use the aux outlet on a tv and plug it into these bluetooth transmitters to project sound from the tv to my bose speakers while using a hot tub. When I originally got the Revolve Soundlink - it was great I could watch tv using bluetooth to my revolve speaker and no problem. A few months back my bose Revolve got a firmware update and the sound now plays at like 50% volume and isn't loud enough to use now. I have tried 3 different bluetooth transmitters and none of them now work with my Revolve speaker to a volume level that is adequate. I also bought a Bose Micro Soundlink and I have this same issue. I can use other bluetooth speakers like an Alexa portable speaker with my bluetooth transmitters on the tv but not the bose products. This is annoying becasue I have the one fully waterproof speaker and the revolve that is water resistant yet I have to use an Alexa speaker for sound. 

Is there anyway to fix this? I have removed and re-added the speaker multiple times. I have checked the volume in the app, nothing seems to be able to make the speaker loud enough to use. With my cell phone or other bluetooth devices it is fine, but it appears there is something that happened in the latest firmware that made these speakers unusable. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Low Volume on Revolve Soundlink & Soundlink Micro

Hi gvigil,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Since this issue has occurred, have you been able to connect the Bluetooth adapter to a different source device like a computer or mobile device?

If you check the audio output settings of the TV, is there any settings you can change so the output is fixed vs variable?  

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

gvigil
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Re: Low Volume on Revolve Soundlink & Soundlink Micro

It is not just the TV. If I plug the transmitter into other devices (phone for example) I get the same result with very low sound. I have also use 4 different transmitter adapters all to the same result. Other bluetooth devices drive loud sound, again it appears something in a firmware update changed what ever was working and broke it.