markkearney
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Low soundlink mini 2 speaker volume on imac

Im having a very similar issue to the one in this thread, for ref im using a Mid 2011 21.5" iMac with Sirra 10.13.1 with a Soundlink Mini 2

Low Bluetooth Volume following El Capitan update

Basically, to quote from the link "bluetooth speaker (Bose Soundlink Color) no longer plays at max volume. Used to be able to increase volume on the speaker separately so even at the lowest laptop volume level, it sounded plenty loud. Now, the volume levels are synced up, really restraining the speaker."

I have noticed that it has done this before, randomly, and then comes back randomly, but it did it about a three months ago now, and nothing that the other "low volume" issue threads have suggested has worked.

Some help would be amazing as its really holding back the volume and quality of the speaker

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Low soundlink mini 2 speaker volume on imac

Hi Mark!

Thank you for your post, let's see if we can find a way to get the volume up for you.  I'd like to start by asking if you could pair the speaker with another device (smartphone etc) and check to see if the volume levels are at a more reasonable point?

I looked into this a bit and I found this article on a way to adjust the volume settings past the standard menu, give this a try.  

I'd also like to give a reboot of the speaker a try, I have included the steps for this below:

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button

Swing back and give me an update if you can?

I hope you have a great day,

Shiloh_C 

markkearney
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Hello, 

I tried those things; the did not work at all. It is still stuck on the lower volume setting... Im basically having the same issue as the user "Divij"  in this post - https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Low-Volume-on-my-iPad-and-MacBook-Pro/m-p/57372/hi... except that there issue is with headphones and i have a speaker. 

I'd really appricate help with this as it's really really annoying to have what i know to be a great speaker not working to its full ability.

Best, 

M

Highlighted

Hi M!

Thank you for trying those steps, sorry to hear that didn't help.  It does sound like this could be an issue with the Apple software. If you could, please try clearing the paired list on the speaker and reboot your computer.  I've included the steps for clearing the paired list below for you:

1. Make sure the system is on
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds
  3. A voice prompt (or tone) will indicate that the stored pairing list has been cleared. The button can be released
  4. Remove the SoundLink from the source device's pairing list (refer to manufacturer for instruction)

After you have cleared the paired list, please reboot your computer.  If the issue still continues, can you try testing it by connecting to a mobile device?  If the speaker works with the phone then the system is most likely not defective and it would point to an issue with Apple OS.

If the speaker does have the same issue with another device then it would point to an issue with the speaker and would be time to reach out to customer support here

Keep me updated?  I hope this helps!

Have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C