Highlighted
redcliff
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Macbook Pro 2018 Mojave Lost bluetooth connection with Bose Soundlink Mini II

Until recently the speaker would would perfectly with my Macbook Pro.  Now it disconnects after about 30 seconds.  I tried the "push and hold power button for 10 seconds", and all the other remedys that I've found online and in the owners manual.  Nothing works.  Ive downloaded what is supposed to be a software update for the speaker from the Bose site and followed directions, connectect the speaker to my computer with a micro B usb connector, but nothing seems to happen.  How should I transfer the update from the computer to the speaker?  Should this solve the bluetooth connectivity problem?  The speaker connects via Bluetooth to my iPhone perfectly.  Thanks, redcliff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Macbook Pro 2018 Mojave Lost bluetooth connection with Bose Soundlink Mini II

Author Accepted Answer selected by redcliff

Hey Redcliff, 

Thanks for posting on the Bose Community Forum.

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Mini II and your MacBook Pro. This is unusual, but I'd be happy to assist you with troubleshooting. 

Firstly, I would recommend unpairing the speaker fully from your laptop, to do this:

- Go to the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen, then tap System Preferences, then Bluetooth, then locate Bose Mini SoundLink II from the list, and tap the X to the right. Next, on the speaker, press the power button to turn it on, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds, to clear all paired devices.

Once you have done this, please pair the speaker back to the laptop. On the Bluetooth setting screen on your Mac, please search for new devices, then click on the "Bose Mini SoundLink II" to pair. 

If it doesn't do it automatically, go back to the main System Preferences screen, then press Sound, then select the SoundLink Mini II as the chosen output device. 

If you are still having issues where the speaker cuts out, and you wish to attempt a software update, please visit http://btu.bose.com on your mac, and follow the on-screen instruction. It should be noted, that you should use the cable that came with the speaker that you usually use for charging, as this also carries a data cable, meaning software updates can be pushed to the speaker. Some generic micro USB cables do not carry a data line, therefore, the update fails to see the speaker as connected to the computer.

If you are still experiencing issues after this, it would be worth getting in touch with the service team in your country. Details can be found here.

I hope this helps.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for getting in touch. 

Jeff G

Bose Community

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Macbook Pro 2018 Mojave Lost bluetooth connection with Bose Soundlink Mini II

Author Accepted Answer selected by redcliff

Hey Redcliff, 

Thanks for posting on the Bose Community Forum.

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Mini II and your MacBook Pro. This is unusual, but I'd be happy to assist you with troubleshooting. 

Firstly, I would recommend unpairing the speaker fully from your laptop, to do this:

- Go to the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen, then tap System Preferences, then Bluetooth, then locate Bose Mini SoundLink II from the list, and tap the X to the right. Next, on the speaker, press the power button to turn it on, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds, to clear all paired devices.

Once you have done this, please pair the speaker back to the laptop. On the Bluetooth setting screen on your Mac, please search for new devices, then click on the "Bose Mini SoundLink II" to pair. 

If it doesn't do it automatically, go back to the main System Preferences screen, then press Sound, then select the SoundLink Mini II as the chosen output device. 

If you are still having issues where the speaker cuts out, and you wish to attempt a software update, please visit http://btu.bose.com on your mac, and follow the on-screen instruction. It should be noted, that you should use the cable that came with the speaker that you usually use for charging, as this also carries a data cable, meaning software updates can be pushed to the speaker. Some generic micro USB cables do not carry a data line, therefore, the update fails to see the speaker as connected to the computer.

If you are still experiencing issues after this, it would be worth getting in touch with the service team in your country. Details can be found here.

I hope this helps.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for getting in touch. 

Jeff G

Bose Community

redcliff
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Jeff G:  Thanks much for your quick and informative response!  I tried the troubleshooting info, but still have the same problem...   However, the information about the software update using the cable is good.  I am farily certain the cable I'm using to do this with is not the same cable that came with the speaker, it was lost.  That is probably why I cant install the update, which may remedy the original problem.  I am presently not in the USA, so I will wait until I return to obtain the correct cable.  I should be able to get this cable from BOSE?  Thank you again, redcliff

No problem, Redcliff!

I hope the replacement cable does the trick in regards to the software update. 

It should be noted that if the playback is fine when paired to your phone, then it may not be an issue with the speaker. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G