Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Re: Macbook Pro 2018 Mojave Lost bluetooth connection with Bose Soundlink Mini II

Hey Greg, I have the exact same problem as the other 2 in this thread. There has been no solution all over the web - it's an issue between bose mini soundlink and mac osx mojave. Even after resetting the bluetooth speaker, unpairing from the computer, deleting all plists, the speaker will only pair on the first reset. Once unconnected, it faces the same issue again. Please, I'm on the verge of chaging speakers because this isn't a feasible workaround.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Macbook Pro 2018 Mojave Lost bluetooth connection with Bose Soundlink Mini II

Hello mojavesucks,

Thanks for posting.

We're sorry to see you're running into this issue with your SoundLink Mini II.

Have you tried connecting other devices to your SoundLink Mini II and did it work without issue?

If your speaker does work with other devices with no problem, we would suggest contacting Apple support for further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Hi All, Bose,

I am experiencing the same problem with my MacBook 2015 on Mojave and my Bose Wave Radio with Bluetooth, and I have not found a lasting solution. However, I think I may have uncovered a temporary solution.

My issue is that when I attempt to connect mac to bose, it appears to connect and then disconnects within 10 or 15 seconds. This keeps happening back and forth. However, it seemed to be fine with other devices like phone. I 
Somehow, when I connect phone to radio (for a few minutes) and then mac to radio, it appears to work for the time being with mac. 

Highlighted

Hi Opszes, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I have done some research and would recommend taking a look at your SMC settings. As I am seeing a few issues with Macbooks with Bluetooth issues it seems to be an Apple issue rather than a Bose problem. 

I would recommend reaching out to their customer support or looking into Mojave Bluetooth Connection Issues. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I've found a relatively simple workaround. When both are connected, click on the bluetooth icon on the mac and disconnect from the bose speaker.

the bose speaker will then blink blue. When blinking blue, click on the bluetooth icon on the mac which shouldn't be connected to any device and manually connect to the bose speaker. Once paired, the speaker can play. This takes just about 20 seconds but works everytime. I thank my engineering degree for this solution so **bleep** you mojave

Highlighted

Hi, 

Thanks for posting and sharing your findings! 

I hope that this will help other users with this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B