IJustWantMyBoseToWork
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

Music skipping on Soundlink Mini 2 - I have already reset unit and updated firmware. Did not help.

Hello.  My Soundlink Mini 2 started to skip a few weeks ago. It has gotten to the point where it skips every 5 to 10 seconds so it has become unusable.   Didn't matter if it was apple or android, both started skipping and so I had to tether it to my phone with the aux cable.  Today I had some time so I did the following:

1. Reset the unit (Held in power button for 10 seconds until lights flashed and it turned off.)
  2. Installeld Updater and it successfully ran, said my radio was already up to date.
  3. Turned bluetooth off on all devices except for an iPhone.  Same problem, music skips every 5 -10 seconds. 
  4. Thought it might be an apple issue so I reset phone, paired it with my android and it did the same thing.

I don't know what else to try.  This speaker has been lightly used, still sounds great when it actually plays music and still has good battery life.  If someone has a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Also, I wanted to email Bose support directly but that is either not an option or they made it difficult enough to find that I gave up looking and posted here.

Thanks in advance for your time and have a great day,

S

1 REPLY 1

Re: Music skipping on Soundlink Mini 2 - I have already reset unit and updated firmware. Did not ...

Hi IJustWantMyBoseToWork,

Thanks for the post. We appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done. At this time we would recommend contacting your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony - Community Support