Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Engledec
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

My battery is 100% charged but will not turn on when it is not plagged into the mains.

Hi I have recently bought a soundlink mini in a BOSE store. I have found that it is a fantastic speaker however after the battery ran down yesterday I re-charged it and now it is fully charged, however when I unplug the speaker from the charging cable the speaker will not turn on. When I plug in the charger the unit turns on and works perfectly. is there anything that can be done to get the speaker to turn on whilst not connected to the charger?

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Engledec
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Re: My battery is 100% charged but will not turn on when it is not plagged into the mains.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Engledec

thanks to you and the team for all your help Hector.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Hector_B

Re: My battery is 100% charged but will not turn on when it is not plagged into the mains.

Hello Engledec, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are having some charging issues with your Mini. 

Let's start by performing a reset on the speaker by on the top of the speaker, press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. The product lights flash, then turn off once reset.

I would also like to know if you are able to see any LED's on the speaker when using it directly off of battery power? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps.

Engledec
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

hi thanks for the quick reply.

I have reset and can see the power light flashing orange at the reset and can now see the power light is green and the bluetooth light is white. but still have the same problem once the cable is unplugged the unit stops.

Tegan_M

I am very sorry to hear this!

Lets put your product into ship mode. 

• Connect the speaker to a power outlet
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  • Release the Multi-function button. Leave this for about 30 minutes.
  • Connect the speaker to power to exit Ship mode.
  • Let the speaker charge for at least one hour.
  • If the issue is resolved, check for and install any available product updates using a computer by going to btu.bose.com

Do let us know how you get on.

Engledec
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Hi,

OK will do this now and will report back.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Engledec
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Hi, I have tried everything listed below to no avail. Once the charging lead is unplugged from the speaker it stops and won’t turn back on. What do you advise now

kind regards

Engledec
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Hi 

I have tried all the recommended action s and still have the problem, should I bring the product back to the store when it reopens?

kind regards

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this @Engledec, sorry to hear that your issue still persists.

As we were not able to resolve this via troubleshooting, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, the team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please keep in mind that due to current world events, you may receive a delayed response from the team.

Engledec
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Engledec

thanks to you and the team for all your help Hector.

Kind regards

View solution in original post