Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

My phone keeps disconnecting from my SoundLink Mini

The phone disconnects but shows it is still playing and connected to the Bose speaker.

I have tried to clear the pairong list by holding down the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds and even longer but I never get the beep sound I should hear.  Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: My phone keeps disconnecting from my SoundLink Mini

Welcome to the community, SpaldyT,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty with your SoundLink Mini, and we'll be glad to help. Thank you for clearing your pairing list. Just to confirm, could we please ask if your Mini has 5 buttons on top, or 6? This will help us assist you in the best possible detail.

For troubleshooting purposes, could you also test out your Mini with another mobile device to see if there is an improvement in the connection? 

Best regards,

Jesse - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Thank you.  It has 6 buttons across the top and yes, we have tried it with another phone and the same problem happens.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

@SpaldyT you're welcome! We appreciate you trying that out. The next step we'd recommend is a power reset of your Mini. Please test out this reset below:

• Press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly.
  • Press the Power button to turn the system back on.
  • Pair your phone with the Mini and play 1 full song (about 3-4 minutes of music) to test the connection.

Thank you,

Jesse 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Hi Jesse

I've tried and the same thing still happens.  The phone pairs, the song starts but cuts out after 1 minute ish.  On the phone it is showing as playing and the it still shows as connected to the speaker but no sound.  I've tried to pair the phone again and it won't let me.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

@SpaldyT Thank you for following up. There are a few more troubleshooting steps we can try. 

Let's make sure your firmware is up to date by going here: btu.bose.com. Please connect your speaker to a computer via USB. 

Let's also try rebooting the system processor by following the steps below:

• Connect the speaker to power.
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds (the multi-function button is the button with 3 circles)
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power.
  • Release the Multi-function button.

Please check back with us when you can!

Best regards,

Ashley

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

The soundlink mini is not given as an option for the download, only the soundlink mini II.  Also I do not have the button with the 3 circles.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

@SpaldyT Thank you for following up with us. We apologize that we missed that and thank you for confirming that you have the SoundLink Mini I.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting steps already. At this point, we recommend contacting your local Bose Support. Contact information can be found here. You'll want to select your location, scroll down and click Contact Us. 

Thank you again, and please let us know how it works out. 

Take care,

Ashley