Highlighted
Ashraf09
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

NO BASS on Revolve+ after 1.5 firmware update

My Revolve+ was working perfect once recieving it, after updating firmware NO BASS AT ALL .. I tried factory reset as recommended on BOSE socity .. but it didn’t work ... please help

10 REPLIES 10

Re: NO BASS on Revolve+ after 1.5 firmware update

Hi Ashraf09,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Revolve, however I would love to help. 

I have a few questions I would love to ask to try better understand your issue: 

• Have you attempted connecting a different device to the speaker? 
  • Have you also attempted to connect to a different streaming source?  
  • Is the speaker in a different location than to when last used? (Placing the speaker in the corner of the room will increase bass) 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Ashraf09
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Dear Hector,

First of all I’d like to thank you for your caring after I was just giving up and got shoked of BOSE!. However I want to assure that I tried every single suggestion mentioned here in the community, Including factory reset (but the reset did’t roll back the factory firmware which was 1.1.3 version) and this the key point .. Trust me the difference due to firmware update Now I stuck with 1.5.0 and NO WAY to downgrade neither by factory reset nor by advanced mode by Bose updater! ... it seems I lost ... I spent to much money for this because I trusted BOSE brand.

Spoiler
THE SOLUTION IS DOWNGRADING TO original firmware 1.1.3 ... please enable us to do that.

Hi Ashraf09, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on your issue. Hosting a downgrade option has become less and less of an industry standard. This is due to the significant level of difficulty/complexity of compatibility testing multiple devices with a large number of older firmware versions. We have seen cases where installing older versions of firmware can create unexpected behavior in a product and negatively impact or reduce functionality. Additionally, downgrading firmware in some cases may not only remove newly added fixes or features but sometimes security enhancements or other critical bug fixes.

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help and may be able to look into this further for you. 

I will pass this suggestion and feedback onto the development team for them to take a look into. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Hector_B  With all due respect, what you said may make sense in general but I don't agree with the logic for troubleshooting.  Bose is being asked for an "Edit Undo" function - not a generic way to go back to some previous firmware release.  If you start with firmware A and upgrade to B and find out there is a problem, you should be allowed to immediately go back to A.  None of the reasons you provide are justifications or problems for going back to what the device looked like say about an hour ago.

This is NOT about an industry standard - in fact if you look at any of the major installation packages including that which Microsoft uses to update or install applications, they have designed into the installation logic the ability to revert to the way things were before the installation started if anything goes wrong with the installation.  Now granted, with this architecture, once the installation is successful you can not revert.

What is being asked here imho is not some way to randomly in the future go back to a previous firmware.  But perhaps Bose Connect can hold on to the firmware code that was upgraded say for at least a couple of hours or a day if the user wants to go back.  Firmware is not the same as applications.  One can be on the same firmware indefinately and never upgrade it.  I have a Mini II that has never had its firmware upgrade and I have no plans at this time to upgrade it.  Bose is not really supporting that firmware - I get that.  If I have a problem, part of the troubleshooting will be to consider the upgrade.

From a support point of view, temporarily holding on to the firmware before it upgrades actually is a win-win for both bose and the customer.  Because if something changes (like NO BASS) and you then go back to the firmware that was JUST CHANGED and the problem/issue goes away then (1) the customer can decide which firmware version that want to use and (2) Bose gets valuable information about possible unintended impacts of the firmware upgrade.

Ashraf09
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

@joelirwin  Thanks for passing by. Actually, my experience with BOSE is a real situation for what you've mentioned above. Let us agree BOSE is a globally recognized brand and this was the main motive for me to spend 378$ for it. (its much money for me) I didn't expect such this problem at All ! 

However, I've to say once I received My Soundlink Revolve+ it worked perfectly and sounded more than expected (this what expected from a brand like BOSE) ... then I just downloaded bose app and was connected to my revolve+ the app automatically updated my speakers to the most recent firmware (without even giving me the opportunity to control or choose update or not)  AND here the TURNING POINT. it feels like someone has taken from me my BOSE speaker and exchanged it with a 50$ speakers worth!.

Meanwhile only 2 options for me: 

1- Either to keep the speakers with its current terrible condition and waiting for next firmware (hopefully the coming firmware might fix the problem).

2- to return back the speakers to the retailer as it became not worth 378$ anymore. in that case, the retailer will subtract 15% as I revealed the plastic cover of the product. not sure what should I do.

Hi Ashraf09 and Joelirwin, 

Thank you both for posting and your feedback. I will make note of this and forward it onto the development team. This update 1.5.0 was released on the 2nd of May 2018 and to date I haven't seen many others with this issue, to my knowledge I have personally only come across 2 other users with this issue. This is the reason I have logged this issue. 

If you could please answer the questions I asked at the start of the thread I would be able to make a more in-depth note of this issue. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Thanks again for the feedback both of you have provided. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Ashraf09If you can return it to the retailer, try exchanging it - perhaps you can get another one with the older firmware.

Ashraf09
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

@Hector_B  answering your questions:

1- Yes I tried several devices (iPhone, iPad & windows laptop) 

2- Yes I tried several streaming sources (Soundcloud, iPad library and Windows media player)

3- Yes tried to locate the speaker in different places especially in corners (to get more echo or warmer sound) ...

after trying all these attempts it becomes clear to me the main change due to updating firmware ( as I was playing the same devices with same music with the same speaker!).

My Regards

Ashraf

Ashraf09
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

@joelirwin  I was thinking about it .. I'll update you if I exchanged it. Thanks again for your caring and valuable suggestions.