sane
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

New Revolva plus not connectiing to new Dell XPS13 laptop

I am an ageing dance teacher and  bought the Revolva plus as I found  my old speaker now too heavy. Connected it to an Android tablet - all OK but found  limited functionality of tablet  unacceptable.Went back to old asus laptop and although  it paired with the Bose, the volume control function on the Bose would not work.The Bose retailer said my laptop was probably too old. I have just splashed out on a new Dell XPS 13 only to find that the Dell pairs with the Bose, but the Bose does not find the Dell. I have been to btu.bose.com and updated to the 1.5 driver. but still no connection. I am panic stricken as I can't afford to have wasted all this money on a top PC and a top speaker. Help please!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: New Revolva plus not connectiing to new Dell XPS13 laptop

Hi sane. Thanks for your comment and welcome to the Bose community!

We are sorry to hear that you are having pairing issues between your Dell laptop and SoundLink Revolve+ but we will certainly do our best to resolve this issue.

Firstly, I would recommend that you clear the pairing list on your speaker. To do this: Turn on the product, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone or voice prompt is heard, which confirms the memory is clear.

Also, have you tried connecting your speaker to another Bluetooth device? This would clarify if the Bluetooth functionality on your Revolve+ is faulty. 

Let me know how this goes!

Warm Regards,

Sam F - Community Support

sane
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Thanks Sam for your quick reply. Did as you requested to clear the pairing list. When I switch on the speaker, it instantly connects to the old laptop and to the Samsung tablet, with verbal confirmation  and and if music playing, it switches to the Bose  so no connection problems there.

Hello Sane,

Thank you for your response.

Please confirm that you heard a voice prompt of "Bluetooth list cleared" once clearing your list on your Revolve speaker. I ask this as your speaker should not have connected to previously paired devices after this processed has been cleared. 

Can you also clarify how your DELL laptop is finding the Revolve through Bluetooth? As if the two items are paired, the speaker has found your device it just simply is not connected. 

Please let me know!

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support 

sane
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Wonderful! Thanks guys - great service. I just hadn't held the button down long enough for the list cleared message - released it after the connect message