Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

New firmware 1.3.3 for soundlink revolve (+) !

Dear all,

obviously, bose is still working on the firmware! There is an new firmware update downloading to my bose revolve + right now! As allways, please some release notes. Why have you deleted the sticky notes? I found them very helpful.

Best

George

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

Re: New firmware 1.3.3 for soundlink revolve (+) !

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 9.11.55 AM.png

This is what came up on the web version. Beats waiting 6+ hours for it to try to do it wirelessly via the app. However, the app is trying to download another update after I got it to 1.3.3, so...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

Thank you! I updated both my speakers OTA with the app, takes quite a bit, but works flawlessly for me (maybe half an hour for each speaker or so). The app is satisfied with this update and says I'm up to date. Still would be great if one of the mods could post more detailes release notes ...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

The update took only half an hour for you? That's crazy! Mine is saying over six HOURS!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

So one of the notes about the update is:

"The user can now power on the puppet (companion) speaker through the Bose Connect App"

I only purchased these speakers (Rev+) because I wanted to put them into stereo mode.  I LOVE the sound and when they work they really work well.  I have two major pet peeves.  First, getting them into party/stereo mode isn't easy or intuitive.  Second, I have always been able to turn one on with the app when in sleep mode, but i can never get the 2nd one to turn on from the app.  I'm HOPING this firmware update is showing that is exactly what I can do.  Turn on the 2nd one with the app?

rock on!

jared

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

I have a problem with my BOSE soundlink revolve (+). can not get the right Update I am currently 1.1.6 version. I tried all the possibilities to restart it. right now i can not resister it. please help me to remove the problem.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey, kibiraa!

Thanks for reaching out, let's get this resolved for you.  To clarify, have you tried the update via both the Connect app and by USB?

I'm including the steps for both below just for reference:

Updating via computer:

1. Open a we browser and navigate to http://btu.bose.com
  2. Wait for the updater to connect (it shows "Connecting" during this time)
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater

4. Click "Download" to download the updater 

5. Once downloaded, open the file (BoseUpdaterInstaller) to install the updater, then connect your product to your computer via USB 

6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains 

7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the system from the computer 

Updating via Connect app:

1. The app alerts the user that app that a product update is available by displaying an update icon over the image of the product with an available update 

2. Tap the Bose product icon displaying the update icon to start the update
  3. Wait while the headset updates. This typically takes a couple minutes 

4. When finished, the app shows a check mark below the product icon 

Let me know, whenever you get a chance!

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your week and take care,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

tried this option a few times but no effect. even through mobile apps from my iPhone. it says that I can not connect a press hold for 1 second to place your product in pairing mode.

Then I tried updating through my macbook and with Widnwos 10 pro.Update up to 8% and then stops. I tried several times restart and reset but no effect. And through my iPad

IMG_3075.jpgIMG_3077.jpg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Hi,
I got my revolve for christmas and has been using it since. The battery performance was good. While i switch it off without charging, the battery stays the same when I turn it on manually a couple of hours later.

Now, with the 1.3.3 update, I switch the revolve plus and turn it back on after 6 hours and 20% power is gone. The bluetooth stand-by feature for auto on using app is draining the battery when it is off.

Can anybody please fix this? I love it when the battery last longer. I usually take the revolve out, and does not have access to power for a couple of days. I really don't mind switching the revolve on manually.

If this auto on using app is desired, please at least put an option to kill this feature to save the battery when the resolve is off.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

Hi chendehau,

maybe I know a workaround. Set your speaker to aux audio to prevent it from trying to connect all the time. Than swith off. When you repower it, it's still remembers the lasts mode, therefore aux audio in your case. The battery drain shoudn't happen?

However, apart from that, there really should be an option to switch off that feature. There are times you don't want to connect your device or want it paired with another device. It's quite stressing to switch off bluetooth from that device all the time and switch off the speaker again and again once it's woken up.

Best George