No audio from Soundlink Mini II

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

No audio from Soundlink Mini II

I got a Soundlink Mini II this morning. I had no problems setting it up at first, but when I was playing some music to test it the sound stopped suddenly and I haven't been able to fix it. It's not just that there's nothing playing from paired devices, there are no messages from the speaker like language or battery, and no beeps when it's charging.

The last thing I did before it stopped working was try to turn the volume up with the button on the device itself, and change the volume from my phone. It was charging in the cradle.

I tried turning it off and on, resetting the bluetooth connections, and factory resetting the speaker. Nothing worked.  I currently have it paired with my phone (Moto G5S) and laptop (2011 Macbook Pro). I know they're connected because I can pause/play things and and see that volume is being adjusted from the buttons on the speaker. The phone and laptop have no problem playing audio when the speaker isn't selected as the output, and the speaker's software is up to date. I've tried turning the laptop's bluetooth off and only connecting it to the phone, it didn't help.

It turns on, charges, and pairs with other devices with no problem, there's just no sound no matter what I do with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: No audio from Soundlink Mini II

Just in case anyone else comes across this looking for an answer, they recommended returning/replacing it.

4 REPLIES

Hello Cymbeline,

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear the SoundLink Mini II is not working.

Since you have tried all the applicable steps that I would have suggested. The last thing I can recommend is to make sure all Bluetooth settings are off on all devices and just try 1 device to connect and see if it will produce audio. 

Let me know the result.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

When I turned everything's bluetooth off and plugged the speaker in to charge I got a battery notification, but when I reconnected one device and tried to play something it worked for a few seconds then cut off again.

I tried turning it off an on but that didn't help, so I factory reset it and tried again. I got a battery notification and tried it with a different device, this time it cut out immediately when I tried to play something.

Hi Cymbeline,

Thank you for testing that for me.

I think this will be best resolved by service for you. If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed.

Let me know how everything works out after service.

Regards,

Joel 

Audible Advocate

Just in case anyone else comes across this looking for an answer, they recommended returning/replacing it.