Bubblynz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2019

Pairing Bluetooth Revolve to Marantz Receiver

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me... it may not be possible but I want to pair my Revolve Bluetooth speaker to my Marantz Receiver (which has cabled speakers) so I can put the Revolve outside? Is this possible?

Next, I want to stream Spotify through my iPad to the Marantz (which I do now) but through the Revolve as well as indoor speakers. Problem I see is that the Revolve wants to pair with the iPad and the iPad needs to pair with the Marantz (unless I cable it into the USB port) so I’m not sure this is doable.

Even if I can pair the Revolve with the Marantz it’s a start! Thanks in advance. 😁

4 REPLIES 4
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Pairing Bluetooth Revolve to Marantz Receiver

Well if your Amp does BT output then you probably can connect to it, but there are likely two issues. 

BT is limited with range, which is why it's not suggested for multi room speakers.  While some seem to work better than others for distance, the recommended distance for BT is 10m and that gets cut down by walls and interference.  So having the revolve outside will probably be too far from the amp. 

Secondly most devices with BT output will shut off the connected speakers.  So you could play to the attached speakers or the revolve, but not both at the same time.

The only way around it I can see is with a 3.5mm cable, but you may still have the same problem with the amp.  Most likely it would be a headphone output you're using so would switch off the indoor speakers when plugged in. 

Bose do have a solution with the soundtouch range, but that would involve getting another speaker (which would need power) as well as thier SoundTouch adaptor.

Highlighted

Hello Bubblynz,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the community! 

This setup might be possible if your Marantz Receiver has a 3.5mm output that can be connected to your SoundLink Revolve. To get around your revolve trying to connect to your IPad, I don't believe this would be an issue when connected to your receiver, however if you do face this, if you remove your Revolve from your IPads Bluetooth pairing list then this should resolve this issue. 

I cannot confirm this set up will work, however you're more than welcome to try! Let us know your result!

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Bubblynz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2019

Thanks Morlock.

i figured because the Marantz is able to power six speakers and it had been suggested to me that I ditch my cabled rear B&W speakers for Bluetooth (‘cos the new house has wooden floors and the cables are a pain) it should be possible to run the indoor main B&Ws and the one blutooth Revolve, despite an inbalance. 

The outdoors area area is not too far away with big bifold doors so connectivity wouldn’t be an issue. So then I thought  maybe I can run the Revolve off the iPhone outside simulataneously with the iPad running the Marantz and speakers, same Spotify account. But of course, as usual, the applications make it complicated by only allowing one device at a time to run it. 

**bleep** huh! 

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

One other kink to that is that most wireless rear speakers aren't using BT.  They probably use a radio frequency or wifi to talk between the head unit and the rear receiver, so you probably wouldn't have been able to do that anyway.  Again BT is not the right technology for that as even over those distances it's less reliable and can even cause an audio lag impacting performance.