Normhart
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Powering on/off question

Hi,

I just started using my two Bose S1 Pro products. With my previous system - a Yamaha StagePas 300, I preferred to power up remotely - leaving the power on/off switch permanently in the ‘on’ position. What I need to know is if it is safe to power on/off the S1 in this way and what if any considerations I need to make with this method. Will it be advisable to remove the battery? I’ve found that if I put the switch in the on position, the battery starts powering the unit and doesn’t allow control of the power on/off operation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Powering on/off question

Author Accepted Answer selected by Normhart

Hello Normhart, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

The S1 Pro can be used with or without the battery. For the setup that you are wishing to incorporate, I would recommend that you do remove the battery. 

If you are still unsure or have any further queries, please do get back! Alternatively, you can visit our Bose Pro Community

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Normhart

Hello Normhart, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

The S1 Pro can be used with or without the battery. For the setup that you are wishing to incorporate, I would recommend that you do remove the battery. 

If you are still unsure or have any further queries, please do get back! Alternatively, you can visit our Bose Pro Community

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

View solution in original post

Normhart
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Hi Charlotte! Thank you for the reply. Are there any considerations on long term  storage of the removed batteries? Would it be adviseable to charge them up from time to time and if so, how long between charges is recommended? There could be times when I will need to run under battery power and I’d like to make sure there won’t be any issues at that time.

Now that the batteries are no longer installed, would it be safe to leave the power switch in the on position and control the on/off from another switch? I have a power conditioner strip I have most of my equipment running off of and I have all the switches in a more convenient central place. I’d like to be able to power up the S1(s) from there.

Thanks again,

Norman

Jessie_O

Hi Norman, 

Thanks for coming back to us!

We do not have any specific information regarding the battery of the S1 Pro System. As there are no specific Do Not's, I think it would be safe to say to store in a cool dry place. 

In regards to your set up, again, there are no huge Do Not's so I think you should be ok. 

However, If you wish for more definite answers, I would recommend visiting the Pro Community that @Charlotte has mentioned above. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Normhart
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Hi Jessie, Thanks for the reply. Just for the benefit of those who may want to do the same thing, here’s a photo of the switched outlet I’m using. You can get these at any hardware store’s electrical supplies for a few dollars.

2A9AA6E4-87EF-4DAB-BFF0-678811F0493B.jpeg