Highlighted
paylork1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

QC 35 1 stopped working with Peleton!

Today my QC 35s stopped working with my Peleton. So I have $350 headphones and a $3500 bike I can't use. They've paired flawlessly (for over a year) until today. Think there's an easy solution? Think again.

Here's what I've done:

1. Spent over an hour on the phone with Peleton and did a full data wipe and restart of the system. No change. My Peleton can't see my Bose.

2. Did a Bose firmware update. No change. All other devices pair perfectly with my headphones but Peleton doesn't even recognize it. Peleton says they have problems with Bose and Beats because they push out so many updates but throught the update would have fixed that. 

3. Cursed my way to hell and back. All to no avail. 

Obviously I've turned everything on and off a million times and turned bluetooth off on all other devices so there is no competition. 

Fortunately, I just bought a pair of Jabra earbuds that I was going to return bc of the short  battery life but I was able to use them instead. 

Any ideas???? 

2 REPLIES 2
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC 35 1 stopped working with Peleton!

@paylork1You asked for ideas.... you may have already done this but you said you reinitialized the peleton and didn't say you did the same for the QC35i.  So make sure there is no pairing on the peleton and then do a factory reset of the QC35i and clear everything out.  Then make sure 100% that the QC35i is saying 'waiting to pair'.  Something has obviously changed since it used to work and no longer does so.  If it is still not working, try to see if you can pair it with anything else like a smart phone.  You obviously can't return it...

BTW - be very careful how you store it.  Don't leave anything in the hood of the case.  Any pressure on the side with the switch will cause the switch contacts to shift - a very well known problem here - and then the QC35i will start to turn on even when you have it switched off.  Unless you go in and fix it yourself, you will then need to contact Bose and keep escalating until they offer a free exchange for a QC35ii (even out of warrantee).

Re: QC 35 1 stopped working with Peleton!

Hello Paylork1,

Thank you for your comment and welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear this, but thank you for doing some troubleshooting, we would love to get this working again for you!

As you have stated, you have reset your Peleton, I would also recommend this with the headphones. You can do this by following the instruction below.

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I would also recommend clearing your headsets Bluetooth list. To do so please get your headset, then slide and hold the power switch towards the Bluetooth icon until you head "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then proceed to try reconnecting. 

Please let us know if this provides any improvements for you!

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support