Replacement Battery

Silent Starter

Replacement Battery

Is it possible to get a replacement battery for the Soundlink Mini II?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Replacement Battery

Hi MissNique123,

Thanks for posting. the battery in the SoundLink Mini II is not user replaceable. I would contact your local Support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

I was wondering the same thing about replacment battery. I've had my soundlink (first gen) for about 3 years and the battery just stopping holding a charge, now it is dead. My next bluetooth purchase will be a Bose however knowhing which device does have a replaceable battery will help with my selection. 

Any idea of what to look for or which devices do have a replaceable battery? if none available may rethink selection to a plug in model.

Audible Advocate

Actually, it's available at least for US customers from iFixitSmiley Sad**MODERATOR EDIT EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED **)

Also it seems really easy to DIY.

Can't understand why bose is not providing this for their customers.

David.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Bose says like pretty much all vendors that if we do something like that, it voids the warrantee.  OK.... but what do we really risk since (1) for this unit there really is no need to return it for repair ever (unless we replace the battery with third party - see below) and (2) we can still get support remotely since Bose won't know we did it.  I would compare this to my/our using third party toner and ink in our printers for a fraction of the price of the OEM supplies from the printer companies.  We take the risks sometimes especially since future repairs if necessary will be done by the likes of "Best Buy" and other local repair places.

So should you do the battery (yourself or local vendor) or what?  That depends on your own abilities, the cost of paying someone else to do it and the price for an exchange, upgrade or replacement.  I had one of the larger soundlinks for years.  By the 'end', I realized like all batteries it was no longer holding a charge.  I ended up calling up Bose and exchanging it for a Soundlink Mini II.  Did it 2/21/18 - for me it was a free exchange (though I don't remember why)

Non-replaceable batteries are a way of life for me - I'm an iPhone user.  The only question is whether I keep my iphone long enough that I need to replace the battery after a few years, or do I replace the iphone.  With my dumb 'Casio G-Shock' watch I solved my battery problem.  It has no battery - it uses solar cells.

So I just called Bose and here are numbers you can use when comparing it to ifixit (this is their information exactly):

Bose will replace batteries for any Soundlink Mini (1, 2, or 3) for $80.  Since these products have been discontinued you can not exchange a soundlink mini for another.  The only exchange back is from a soundlink mini to a Revolve for $220.  I don't get that since I own a soundlink mini and two revolve's - they are totally different in their sound and sound projections.

So here are some quick numbers I found for new units - Soundlink Mini 2 - $163, Revolve - $159 (Amazon); Soundlink Mini 2 - $158, Revolve $155 (eBay)  [possible tax and shipping not included, $US]

Go figure....

Hi davidbmnn,

Thanks for posting. As we have no way of verifying third party repairs, we recommend going through our local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Wistful Whiz

Tony - can you verify that Bose will replace a soundlink mini battery for $80?