Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Revolve Plus - 2 hours to update through Bose Connect app????

Hi,

I just received my bose resolve plus today. I connected it to the power outlet to charge, turned it on, set the language and manually paired with my iPhone.

After listen to music I decided to install Bose Connect.

After the app was opened and it found my bose revolve Plus it showed me a message about update.

It then started to download the update... however, it is showing that the update will take 2 hours!!!

After I paused the music it decreased to 1:55 minutes... one hour and 55 minutes.

What is going on??? Why it take so long to update? Is it an issue??

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Revolve Plus - 2 hours to update through Bose Connect app????

Hi naolembro

Thanks for posting. That is interesting. There are a few factors that determine the speed in which an update can go through. The speed of your internet at the time of the download attempt is one thing that jumps to mind.

Did the update ever go through? If so, does everything seem to be working?

Please let us know

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Hi Tony,

After 2 hours it was updated yes. Now I have other serious problem...

I have an iPhone. So FaceTime works perfectly through Bose Revolve Plus.

The problem is with WhatsApp and Skype. In WhatsApp, when I called to my wife to test, I am from work and she at home with Bose, I could hear my voice and I could not hear her voice correctly. It looks like WhatsApp decreased her voice volume.

With Skype is worse... we couldn't talk through Bose.

On her phone, Skype never uses Bose to talk, just the phone microphone and the speakers.

On other devices such as my car for instance, it works...

Why this is happening? Why on FaceTime the quality is nice and on the others we get those issues?

Mine Bose was updated to 1.1.18... something like that.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

naolembro

Thanks for the update. That is a great question. From what I understand by reading your post, It looks like your speaker pairs and works but just not with Whatsapp and Skype?

Lets try resetting the speaker

1. Unplug the speaker from power and turn it on. The battery must be charged to do this.
  2. Press and hold the Multi Function Button for 10 seconds.
  3. Release and try the speaker again.

Try that and let us know

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Hi, I performed the steps provided and still getting the same result.

FaceTime and Phone calls working flawlessly.
Skype and WhatsApp not working. On WhatsApp, sometimes it works but the mic volume is very low. The person can not listen to me well as using FaceTime.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

naolembro

Thanks for responding. Could you confirm that you are using the latest version of the Bose connect app? The latest version of the Bose connect app is 4.2

Please come back and let us know

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Yes - 4.2.0
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

naolembro

Thanks for the update. This is interesting. We will test this and post the results.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

I can concur that the over-bluetooth ubdates take close to two hours for no obvious reason -- it is not related to the internet conenction speed (I have a 130Mb connection) and only slightly affected by whether music is playing our not -- it still takes an innordinate about of time.  It also takes a long time to know that it needs a firmware update even before it starts.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2017

Hi, Can you please provide an update on why Bose Soundlink Revolve Plus does not answer calls when recieved via apps like Messenger, Whatsapp or skype. The only call which is answered by the speaker is the voice calls.

This is a bit frustrating as we use the phone to primarily make a lot of calls using whatsapp and messnger and if the speaker is not compatible to take these calls, the speakrer phone feature becomes useless.

regards, Satish