Highlighted
giulitosto
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Revolve Soundlink Bose bluetooth issue with Macbook Retina

Hi Folks,

I am new to the community as I have just got a brand new Revolve Soundlink. It seems to be working well the sound is smooth and clear. However, when connected to my Macbook pro retina and broadcasting music from Youtube and Spotify the Revolve produces a sound (somehow similar to an error sound - kinda metallic one).

Particularly, it does so when I switch from a song to another. I did not experience the same problem when connecting to my phone.

Did anybody else experience a similar issue with their Revolve? 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Giuliano

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Revolve Soundlink Bose bluetooth issue with Macbook Retina

Hi Giuliano,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Can we try and remove the speaker from the Bluetooth device list on the Mac?
  • Also, let's clear the Bluetooth device list on the speaker by holding down the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until prompted by the speaker that the list is cleared.
  • From here, let's re-pair the speaker and computer again to see if the issue re-occurs.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

giulitosto
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hello Tony A,

Thanks for your support. I have tried the solution you suggested but did not work. Is there anything else I can do to solve the problem? 

Hi giulitosto,

Thanks for the additional information. This is unusual. Could I ask, when connected to your MacBook Pro is the issue only with the apps you mention? Meaning, can you play audio from your MacBook Pro at all?

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

lorenadf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Hi! I'm experiencing the same problem I've done the pairing steps like 50 times already and it still happens. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJHLy3NPahUwWt7f6-2BC0RJtyt5Wo6U/view?usp=sharing

here's a video for you to understand what is happening. 

I also use my MacBook Pro 2015 and iTunes/apple music.

Please please please give me a clue for what is happening, I'm desperate with the sound.

giulitosto
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Lorenadf I have watched your vid and it is exactly the same issue I have. Still did not solve it. Did you manage to find a solution to it?

giulitosto
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Dear Tony G,

Thanks for your support. Yes I can play music/audio but it frequently does the same sound Lorenadf just pointed out in her video.

Can you please let us how to fix this?

Hello Giulitosto,

Thank you for reaching out, 

We are currently investigating this issue for you, I will be getting a ticket raised for this. 
Please remain patient with us as we look into this. We may reply again to gather any more information if required. 

Thank you again for getting in touch, please do enjoy the rest of your day! 

Many thanks 
Liam - Community Support