Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Revolve+ connecting multiple echo dots

I have a soundlink Revolve + speaker and have it connected to two of my echo dots that are placed in different rooms in my house. They pair just fine but when I move the speaker from one room to the next and try and play music from one dot (after pausing the music in the first room) to the other dot no sounds come out. I can look on my spotify and see that the song is in fact still playing but there is no sound coming out of the Bose speaker. This is also an issue when I have two phones connected to the speaker. They show that they are connected just fine BUT when I pause music on one phone and them play it on another phone no sound comes out, there are times where it will disconnect the first phone and then allow audio to come through but this is very rare, not to mention not at all what the functionality is supposed to do.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Revolve+ connecting multiple echo dots

Hi Paul_K

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the Bluetooth issues, but I'd be happy to help!

Have you been able to reset the speaker by holding down the power button for 10 seconds?  

Once it has been defaulted, can you make sure that you remove the speaker from the Echo devices memory as well as the mobile devices?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Have tried this in the past, did not work. Just tried it again this morning per your request and same result. Not only will it only play sound when playing from the first dot connected if both are connected the sound comes out choppy until you turn the speaker off then back on again. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Paul_K,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you verified that your Revolve+ is fully up to date? You can do this by opening up the Connect app on your mobile device and go to settings. Can you let us know what version you have?

Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Yep, its fully up to date (checked that the other day when I was trying to troubleshoot) I am showing 6.3.0

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Paul_K,

Since you have verified and tried everything we would suggest in this scenario, I would recommend contacting support via phone. 

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed for support.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel