Highlighted
Pierre.B
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Revolve + pairing issue and Firmware update issue

I've got 2 issues with my Revolve + :

- For any reason, the Revolve + doesn't connect to my devices automatically anymore, as it was the case when I bought it. From this time, when I connect my phone manually for example, the revolve + says "connected to Peter's phone" which is my friend's phone and not mine !!! and that's the case for any device I connect to it !

I've tried to cancel the paired devices, or to re-initialize the Revolve, with no success...

- and impossible to update the Revolve with the last firmware, it stays blocked at 8% with this error message: "Connection with your Bose® product was unexpectedly lost. Please try rebooting your product and performing the update again."

Please could you help ? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Revolve + pairing issue and Firmware update issue

Hi Pierre.B,

Thanks for your inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Since you are experiencing Bluetooth connection issues, and an issue updating your firmware, I'd recommend a factory default reset. This reset will clear the paired Bluetooth device memory from the speaker, and return it to its original factory settings. 

1. Open your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. Find the SoundLink Revolve+ (will likely say "not connected"). 
  2. Unpair/delete the speaker from your mobile device's Bluetooth list. We will re-add this in a moment. 
  3. Turn the speaker on
  4. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  5. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue.
  6. Press and hold the Bluetooth button until a voice prompt says "Ready to pair".
  7. Return to your Bluetooth menu on your mobile device. 
  8. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on, and select the Bose SoundLink Revolve+ speaker.

You should now be connected to your device. Next, let's check your speaker's firmware version to see if it is up to date. You will need to download the free Bose Connect App to view this. 

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth products
  2. Tap the Settings icon to open the product's settings menu. (Note: If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it and then tap Settings)
  3. From the Settings menu, choose "Product Details"
  4. The version installed will be listed under "Firmware Version"
  5. If your version is 1.1.8, you have the current firmware. If not, you will need to try the update again. 

I hope this helps! Let us know if experience any further issues. 

Best regards,

Brian

Andrews810
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

I have the exact same issue, I've followed the steps you recommended and the problem persists. Even after a factory reset my phone recognizes it as "Andrew's revolve+" which was the name I gave it previously. So I've reset, forgot it on my Bluetooth list and it still has the same issue. I have to manually connect to the device and the app repeatedly takes me through the pairing steps even though it is linked to my phone.

Do I need to get it replaced under warentee??

Hi Andrews810,

Thanks for trying all of the troubleshooting steps above - that's great.  Because the reset did not help the issues that you're experiencing I'd definitely recommend reaching out to customer support here - select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  When you speak with support you'll be able to get more information about what your available options are.

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

Htlong
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

My Bose Revolve+ can not see on the Iphone when i update to OS 11.0.1

Hi Htlong,

Thanks for joining the conversation!  I have seen some issues with iOS 11 and 11.0.1 on my iPhone 7 with managing Bluetooth connections.  A couple things that have helped my devices behave as intended are clearing the Bluetooth pairing list and reconnecting and rebooting my phone.

I'd suggest beginning by clearing the pairing list on the Revolve+ by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds and you will hear a voice prompt or tone to indicate that the list has been cleared. At this point, you can "forget" the speaker on your phone and repair the devices.  

Let me know if this helps?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C