crawfish
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Revolve's annoying auto-mute behavior on analog input

I use my Revolve's analog input for a TV and tablet from time to time, and I find that it mutes itself at "normal" listening volumes, e.g. 25 on my TV that I also use for its built-in speakers. This can happen after just a minute or two, but usually more like 5 minutes, and it will just suddenly go silent. I've heard it once resume a short time later all by itself, but otherwise, I have to bump the volume on the device, e.g. take my TV from 25 to 28, and then the audio comes back. So, this is not the same thing as the auto power-off feature, which I disabled thinking that might help. It did not. It also doesn't matter if the speaker is connected to power, which shouldn't matter anyway. The charge is 100% BTW. This is a malfunction with the product. I'm wondering if it's a known design issue or peculiar to my speaker. I've not observed this issue with USB or Bluetooth. According to the iPhone app, my speaker is up to date on firmware. I've also reset it to no avail. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Revolve's annoying auto-mute behavior on analog input

Hello Crawfish,

Thanks for posting into the community and sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having. This does sound unusual. I can see that it can potentially turn off due to inactivity when connected via AUX mode but not mute the audio. 

Will it help if you kept the TV volume at a higher level and controlled the rest of the volume with the Revolve? Have you tested this? 

For clarification, this also happens with your tablet? 

Let us know when you get the chance.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

crawfish
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Yes, it happens with both the tablet and TV. I want to set the Revolve volume to a given level and control volume with TV remote or tablet rocker switch.

Hi @crawfish

Thanks for the following up. We could not replicate the issue here and to see how it is happening across all your devices, it might require service. For further assistance, we recommend that you reach out your local Bose Support to discuss your options. 

Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Let us know how everything works out for you. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin