Highlighted
Gerson92
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

SOUNDLINK Micro

So when I'm blasting by micro, the speaker tends to get quite in volume out of no where and all of a sudden goes back up(in a smooth manner). It just keeps fluctuating it's own volume. As if it was adapting to the surrounding noices to help you hear it. Is this a thing or is they soundlink micro defective. I've never heard anything in any forum stating it having self adaptive volume control.. so what is going on. This has been happening since I took it out of the box. Thought it was a feature but now it's just getting annoying and I want it to just stay at the volume I set it. Hopefully I explained myself alright.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SOUNDLINK Micro

Hi Gerson92,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundLink Micro, this is a very uncommon issue. Could you please try using the speaker with a different device and a different source to see if this issue persists. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Gerson92
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Yes I tried it with my old phone and my new phone. Still doing the same thing. Volume fluctuates randomly. Like its adapting to the surrounding sounds but I know that's not the case. If I want it loud, it should stay loud and voice versa.

Hi Gerson92,

Thanks for updating us. I would like to suggest some troubleshooting steps that I think should solve fix this issue. 

Firstly I would like to perform a product reset, you can do this via: 

• Power on your speaker.
  • Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth indicator glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Secondly, I would like to suggest clearing the pairing list and reconnecting, you can do this via: 

Turning on the product, then pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone or voice prompt is heard, which confirms the memory is clear.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Irvy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

May it be that your source devices turn down media channel volume for a short time to play a notification sound - which you can't notice since it's too silent?

Minnie547
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2019

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Gerson92,

Thanks for updating us. I would like to suggest some troubleshooting steps that I think should solve fix this issue. 

Firstly I would like to perform a product reset, you can do this via: 

• Power on your speaker.
  • Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth indicator glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Secondly, I would like to suggest clearing the pairing list and reconnecting, you can do this via: 

Turning on the product, then pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone or voice prompt is heard, which confirms the memory is clear. kissanime

Thanks for the great feedback.