Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Sound Link Mini II

I have a Sound Link Mini II and have been leaving it in the charger all of the time - i.e. even when the speaker is fully charged.  Is this OK or am I damaging the battery?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Sound Link Mini II

Hey there!

Thank you kindly for reaching out!  That's a great question.  No need to worry because all of our speakers and headphones have a built-in safeguard that will protect against product over-charging.  I hope that this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else and please enjoy your weekend!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Re: Sound Link Mini II

I wanted to respond to an issue that is archived  that I don't see here so I'm responding on here regarding a similar issue. The SoundLink mini I ( "one" not "I" ) had a flashing orange light on the power button and wouldn't charge. I followed all suggestions of Mohsin_S ,the moderator to no avail. I tried charging through D/C and through the cradle and neither worked. Finally I used them both charging at the same at the same time and "voila" ! Green light !

Just passing on the tip since apparently this is also an issue on Soundlink mini 2 and is so common it seems inevitable that they will develop charging issues after a year or so of use

I have a Bose radio CD player I inherited from my mom that is around 25 years old and still works and sounds like new. New Bose manufacturing isn't reliable like it used to be !