Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

SoundLink Color II automatically turns on everytime

I have my sounlink color 2 paired to my macbook air and it automatically turns on everytime I turn on my macbook. Is there any way to turn this feature off? 

10 REPLIES 10
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundLink Color II automatically turns on everytime

Hi SoundLinkColorII,

Thanks for the great question. Currently, there is no way to way to turn off this feature. That is a great suggestion that we will pass along to our engineers for future consideration.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2019

I have the exact same problem. Verrrrrry frustrating. Erik S

Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Add me to the list of folks who dislike (actuall, HATE!) this feature. I find my phone automatically connecting and interrupting music playing from my iPod. Or the Soundlink automatically connects to my laptop when I start it, but I don't realize it's done so until I notice the laptop sounds can't be heard because the Soundlink is in another room. And eventually the battery runs down despite having auto off enabled.

Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2019

It's suppose it is comforting to read how many others are disturbed by the bose speaker coming on at random times. I hate the "feature"

I'd like to add: when I purchased the speaker it did not come with this problem/feature. It worked fine. I actually tried a friend's speaker out first. I loved it for the first year and a half. Until the update.

This is not what I signed up for. I'm not sure whether it's legal, but I am certain it is unethical for Bose to blow off these concerns. To not warn us before the update. To not offer a clear path to removing the feature and restore the speaker to it's original state.

Erik 

Hello @jazzydave and Ekkie1989, 

Thank you for posting in the Community, I am incredibly sorry for any inconvinience that this feature has caused you both. 

We have passed your feedback into the team and are awaiting a response. 

We will update the Community as soon as we know more. 

I apologize again for any frustrations caused. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Thanks, Vicky

We have 3 of these speakers in our family. I've got the only speaker with the firmware "upgrade" that removes ability to turn the speaker completely off. We are quite happy with the other two speakers, so I would probably be content if I could just roll back the firmware update.

Hi Jazzydave, 

Thank you for your quick reply. 

I am sorry I am unable to help more at this time but I have passed on your feedback to the team. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Yes, I agree.  When I first purchased the speaker, I was so pleased with the sound.  Then, a few months ago, it started turning on every time I opened my laptop which is quite frustrating.  I would turn off the speaker and then a minute later, back on.  Sometimes, it is in another room where my roommate is and it disturbs him.  Grrr.  I paid too much money for this to happen and it seems there is no fix.  Come on Bose, you are supposed to be a better company then this.  Either fix this or know that I will not purchase a Bose ever again and will not recommend it to others.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello padredww,

Thanks for posting in the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundLink Color II, I understand your frustration and will pass your feedback to the development team.

Should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C