Highlighted
MaxP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

SoundLink Micro volume controls not working

I have a new SoundLink Micro. When I pair it with an iPhone the volume bottons on the speaker work, but when I pair it with my Windows 10 or Ubuntu 18 computers the volume bottons don't do anything. I've tried updating the firmware, resetting the speaker, and pairing again, but so far nothing. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: SoundLink Micro volume controls not working

Hi MaxP,

Thanks for posting. It is possible that the sound adjustments need to be made from the computers end. Have you tried going into the settings on the computer and adjusting the sound level of the speaker?

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Just as a data point - I paired both a QC35ii and a Revolve with my Dell Precision laptop using Windows 7/64.  I do not have a Soundlink Mini.  I then connected both with the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile service (A2DP) which is the one used to play stereo music (not Hands Free Profile / HFP for Voice Over IP / VOIP phone applications).  I played music locally stored on the laptop with "Winamp".  I was able to control the volume on both Bose devices through their volume controls.

RaveOn
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

I can confirm the same problem with Windows 10.  The volume up and down buttons do not work.  I just bought the speaker a week ago from Bestbuy.  Any fix for this?

Hello RaveOn,

Thank you for posting. 

It sounds like your computers. Bluetooth card does not have AVRCP protocol in it. Some computers do not have this capability. 

However, you should still be able to control the volume of your SoundLink Micro from the computer volume directly.

Does the volume controls work on the speaker when you're connected to a mobile device?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

RaveOn
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

Yes, I'm able to control the volume of the SL Micro from the computer volume directly, however its maximum volume appears to be somewhat low even when I have the computer's volume maxed out at 100.

And yes, the volume control buttons on the SL Micro work when its connected to my cell phone (Google Pixel 2 XL).

BTW, the computer I have the SL Micro connected to is an HP 690-0034.

Community Manager

Hi RaveOn,

Thanks for the update.  Can you try and connect both the mobile device and computer to the speaker.  While both devices are connected, open the Bose Connect app on the mobile device while something is playing on the PC.  From here, are you able to change the volume of the speaker beyond what the computer can control?

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

RaveOn
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

Tony,

No luck.  Just tried and the volume didn't change at all.  I have my phone and computer both connected to the Sound Link Micro.  I played a music file on the computer and tried to change the volume from my phone, but no luck.  I also tried increasing the volume from the Sound Link using the buttons on it, but no luck there as well.  

Community Manager

Hi RaveOn,

Thanks for the update.  It appears that the computer may not fully support the speaker in this regard.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A