simu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

Re: Soundlink Mini - red light flashing

Hi,

I have the same red flashing issue on my soumdlink mini 1. tried all the fixes highlighted above but nothing works. Apparently my speaker doesnt display any lights unless it is plugged into power!!! I am rereting the decision to buy the unit.!!!! To make matters worse i am in kenya and the service guys say that the warranty cant apply since it is a power related issue and not purchased in kenya. That doesnt make any sence. you then need to specify before purcahsing where the item can and cannot be used!

Bon147
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 6, 2018

Just be forewarned that it will happen again if the battery gets below a certain point (not sure what point that is lol) I have had to do it 3 times in the last few months. I would suggest either bookmarking this site or be sure to write down the a, d, v (up arrow), (down arrow) path that you will need when/if you need to reverse the update. Right now mine is back to prior to update. Next time it stops working hopefully once again doing the update will bring it back lol. It's almost like it resets something whether it's the update or going back to the earlier version. Not sure and don't care as long as it keeps working lol

Highlighted

Hello No Problemo! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Glad to hear that the update got your speaker up and running. Definitely bookmark this site, there are lots of members with tons of experience should you run into any other problems. Have a great day! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Bon147
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 6, 2018

Well it didn't work this time. I have gotten the update and gone back from the update a half dozen times and it's not working this time. I guess it's finally done. Time to give up the hard fought fight and see what speaker company wants to provide a GOOD speaker at a reasonable price. Sad to say my days of buying only bose are gone. Good luck all of you that are still fighting the valiant fight!!!!

picazoags
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2018

I have posted a solution earlier. You can look it up or you can try to open your Bose Speaker (if it's dead, it will not get any worse) once it's open, check a flat ribbon cable between the PCB and the control panel, very likely one side popped out and is not connected any more.

I did this and I got a working speaker again. 

Hope it works.

Javier

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Mohsin_S

Hi all,

We apologize for any power-related issues you may have experienced with your SoundLink Mini system. We want to help get you back up and running; let’s first identify the version of SoundLink Mini you have as the steps will differ.

The easiest way to determine if you have the SoundLink Mini Series I or II would be to count the number of buttons on top. The SoundLink Mini I has six buttons and the SoundLink Mini II has five buttons.

If you have the SoundLink Mini II system, please visit our thread here which will provide further instruction.

If you have the SoundLink Mini I system, please try resetting it to see if that helps. A system reset can be accomplished by pressing and holding the Mute button for 10 seconds. The LEDs should then flash briefly. Try turning the system back on by pressing the Power button.

If the issue persists, it seems the system would be in need of service. We suggest reaching out to our technical support team in your region who can help to provide a solution for you. Contact details can be found here by selecting your region from the list.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Ardell
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

Bose Soundlink Mini 1

I have a a SL Mini 1, that is constantly flashing Red LED. It wont turn on or charge at all. I have tried to test with a known good I/O PCB, and have also tried the reset holding the mute buttton for 10-12 seconds. The LEDs flash white indicating a reset, but the probelm persists.

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini 1

Hi Ardell,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

It sounds like there is an issue with your SoundLink Mini.  I recommend contacting your local support center via phone to set up service.  To do so, go to THIS link, select your country, and scroll to the bottom to "Contact Us".

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

ekorli
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

Re: Soundlink MIni II Will not charge

My bose soundlink mini 1 does not show up on the computer, how am I supposed to do the update? Ps it does not charge either whether by wall charger or usb
ekorli
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

Re: Soundlink MIni II Will not charge

I have same problem here on my bose soundlink mini 1, do you have any solution for that?