Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

SoundLink Mini I Will Not Charge - Red Light Flashing

I have a Soundlink Mini (I believe it is the first version) that is no longer working.  When I plug it in to be charged, the light near the power button flashes red continuously (doesn't stop unless I unplug it).  I've seen posts that mention a factory reset or a firmware upgrade but I don't know how to do either.  I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Soundlink Mini - red light flashing

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mohsin_S

Update

Hey everyone.

Wanted to add some helpful info. For the SoundLink Mini, see this article. For the SoundLink Mini II, see here.

If you want to post to the community on this issue, go here for the SoundLink Mini and for the SoundLink Mini II go here.

Original Post

Hi all,

We apologize for any power-related issues you may have experienced with your SoundLink Mini system. We want to help get you back up and running; let’s first identify the version of SoundLink Mini you have as the steps will differ.

The easiest way to determine if you have the SoundLink Mini Series I or II would be to count the number of buttons on top. The SoundLink Mini I has six buttons and the SoundLink Mini II has five buttons.

If you have the SoundLink Mini II system, please visit our thread here which will provide further instruction.

If you have the SoundLink Mini I system, please try resetting it to see if that helps. A system reset can be accomplished by pressing and holding the Mute button for 10 seconds. The LEDs should then flash briefly. Try turning the system back on by pressing the Power button.

If the issue persists, it seems the system would be in need of service. We suggest reaching out to our technical support team in your region who can help to provide a solution for you. Contact details can be found here by selecting your region from the list.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Mini sound link won't turn on..no lights, nothin!

Was workin just fine last night. Went to turn it on this morning and I get nothing. I've had it plugged in to wall, checked connection with iPad, still nothin? Any help out there?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Mini sound link won't turn on..no lights, nothin!

Hey Jeff1725,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Before we begin with some troubleshooting, could you verify that you have a SoundLink Mini or SoundLink Mini II?

We just wanted to be sure.

Mohsin

Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

I have the same problem. It would not do anything - when I out the charger in there is only a few second of white ligth in mute, bluetooth and AUX and then it turn of again I cannot do anything. I have the Bose Mini soundlink. 

Please help!! 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hey signeolsenn,

Try to see if you can get your SoundLink mini to perform a reset. Let's first bypass the cradle and connect it directly to the power supply if you have not already. Press and hold the mute button for 10 seconds. The LEDs will flash briefly, then press the power button. 

Mohsin

Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Hi! 

We have tried that. When I press the mute button and the LEDs flash and pushed the power button but nothing happen afterwars. We have tried it for some times and nothing changes. 

Signe 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hey signeolsenn,

Thanks for that update! 

Unfortunately, at this point we believe there is an issue with your SoundLink mini and recommend reaching out to your local Bose support for available options.

Click here for contact info

Mohsin

Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

I was having the same problem.  Holding the mute button down for ten seconds reset the unit.  It works great now.... Thank you!

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hi dbloomfield,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue charging the battery of your SoundLink Mini. The easiest way to determine if you have the original SoundLink Mini or series II would be to count the number of buttons on top. If it has 6 it is the original SoundLink Mini. The SoundLink Mini II has 5 buttons on top. If you have the original SoundLink Mini, we never released a software update for that system.

If it is the SoundLink Mini II, the best method to install an update is on a Windows or Mac PC. A USB-A to micro USB-B cable is required, which you may have already for another digital device. Navigate to http://updates.bose.com/soundlinkmini on a web browser like Internet Explorer or Safari. Select the image of the SoundLink Mini II from the list of devices available. Accept the terms of the Bose updater. Click "Download". Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater. Connect your SoundLink Mini II to the computer via the USB cable. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download latest software.

To perform a system reset on the original Soundlink Mini, press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. The LEDs will flash briefly, indicating it is resetting. 

To perform a system reset on the SoundLink Mini II, first turn the system on. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. The system will turn off once it has been reset.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Frank

Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

Frank 

Thanks for the reply.  There are 6 buttons on top which makes is a Soundlink Mini I.  It sounds like there is no fix for this problem.  Is the device is essentially dead?  Will BOSE take it back?

Dan